Episode 27: Red vs Yuna

Start from the beginning

Boomstick: He's also got the final form of the water-type Kanto starter, Blastoise. With the twin cannons in its shell, it can launch water up to 90,000 psi with Hydro Cannon, perfect if you wanna clean your patio...and most likely disintegrate your entire house with it.

Wiz: Blastoise can also blast enemies with a flash of light with Flash Cannon, unleash a blast of mental energy with Focus Blast, and like Lapras, unleash a Blizzard.

Boomstick: But Red's go-to, and best Pokemon, is his very first, Charizard! This five-foot-seven dragon of terror is easily Red's most iconic Pokemon, getting all the cool dragon stuff like fire breath, and flight!

Wiz: Charizard's trademark Flamethrower in itself is hot enough to melt boulders, but being a trained Pokemon, it likely has many other Fire moves at its disposal. Such as Fire Spin, a vortex of flames; Flare Blitz, a flaming tackle that causes recoil damage; Fire Fang, which is...exactly what it says on the tin; Fire Blast, a fire...blast..., and the most dangerous Fire-type move of them all, Blast Burn.

Boomstick: If it wants to fight you up close, it'll shred you with Dragon Claw, Slash, or Air Slash. It also has Swift, which consists of...stars...that never miss. It'll also slug you across the face with Mega Punch and slam you to the ground with Seismic Toss!

Wiz: On its own right, Charizard is a powerhouse, but it is just as flawed and susceptible to serious injury as any other Pokemon. That is why thanks to its bond with Red, it attained a new power, a new form: the power of Mega Evolution!

Boomstick: With its new form, Mega Charizard X gains a crazy boost in attack, defense, and special attack. It also gains access to the passive ability Tough Claws, letting it dole out way more damage with its physical strikes! How cool is that?!

Wiz: This form also changes Charizard's typing, turning it from a Fire/Flying type to a Fire/Dragon type, essentially eliminating its weakness to Water- and Electric-type moves. However, thanks to its new typing, Mega Charizard X gains a weakness to Ground-type moves.

Boomstick: Not like it matters anyway, considering the thing can FLY!! Mega Charizard X has done some pretty dope things. If it's gone up against Legendary Pokemon, this guy's gotta be one tough dragon.

Wiz: Charizard in both base and Mega forms is a powerhouse in itself, but when coupled with Red's strategic mind, it becomes a deadly force of nature to even stronger Pokemon or Pokemon who hold its weakness, as proven when it emerged victorious over Giovanni's Rhydon and Blue's Blastoise.

Boomstick: With his trusty team of Pokemon, Red has accomplished a crazy amount of feats. He was able to single-handedly take down the Pokemon universe's equivalent to the Mafia; beat all the Gym Leaders in his region; beat his own rival Blue multiple times; beat the Elite Four and became the champion of the Pokemon League in Kanto; and has gone up against the traveling Trainers from Johto, Unova, and Alola!

Wiz: And consider, those trainers have most likely defeated their respective Pokemon Leagues, and most likely have Legendary Pokemon on their teams!

Boomstick: And let's not forget his greatest achievement of all: he caught all 150 types of Pokemon! Well, of course, he caught one of each species, but the point's still there!

Wiz: However, Red, despite all of his skill in battle, has his flaws. For one, we've...never actually seen him win a one-on-one battle with a regular human. With his fists. This implies that, well, Red is far more reliant on his Pokemon in battle.

Boomstick: That's fair enough, considering that every single battle waged in this world is a Pokemon battle! That gives him pocket money! Even if he goes up against a Team Rocket boss! Yes, you heard me right: the boss of a criminal organization forks over a huge sum of money once you beat him in a pet fight!