Packing and Pre-departure Tips

You will have to take note of the things you can put in your luggage. Free for hand carry luggage weighing 7kg and below. You will have to pay if you exceed this limit and have your luggage checked in.

Reminders:
● Liquids: Limited. Check with your airlines.
● No flammable materials.
● Aerosols or Gels
● Batteries/Powerbanks - check with your airlines.
● Samsung Galaxy Note 7 📵❌

Note: Check the terms and conditions, policies and reminders of your airlines to make sure of a hassle-free travel.

Pre-departure

● Print out your flight itinerary, hotel reservation and other bookings for tours (if any) that you have done online.

● Check your passport validity. Make sure it has at least 6 months validity left before expiration from the day of your flight.

Bring travel documents/proof of financial capacity/employment certificate and/or affidavit of support from your sponsor. These are not required BUT it is better to bring all your documents than nothing, especially if you're a red flag. These red flag passengers are suspected "tourists" who are planning to overstay while on a tourist visa, tourist workers or suspected human traffickers. Immigration Officers are very strict regarding these "red flag" travelers. You can be offloaded if they think you are a tourist worker or possibly a victim of human trafficking. You won't be able to take your flight if you are offloaded and it will be a mark down on your records. Check their website to know more about it.

● Be there at least three hours before your flight especially if it is peak hours. I have stumbled one passenger who arrived 30 minutes before her flight to Korea, and she was still in the long queue, waiting to pay for her travel taxes-- the very first thing that you will do at the airport. She wasn't able to take her flight and cried. Remember, you have to be at the BOARDING GATES 30 minutes before your flight, that's right after passing through all the procedures.

Steps at the airport upon departure

● Pay for the travel tax of Php 1,620 before proceding to your airline booth.

● Go to the airline booth to have your boarding passes printed and measure your luggage. They will hand over your boarding pass and put TAG on your luggage once you're done. Drop it off there if you checked it in.

● Proceed to the Immigration area. Fill-out the Embarkation Card and wait for your turn to be screened by the Immigration Officer. If you pass, then good. You can now proceed to the second screening of your luggage. (The first one is done at the entrance of the airport). This time, you will have to remove your shoes and have them screened at the conveyor machine, too. Funny? No. It's the real deal. Make sure you have clean feet and toenails. 😄

● Go to your assigned boarding gates and wait for your flight number to be called by the ground airport staff. Have a safe trip!

To Be Continued...

I uploaded my actual boarding pass.😊