Booking

Hell, yeah. Booking is one of the tedious things to do. If you are a backpacker, you will really look for the cheapest rate that you can get.

By the way, we Filipinos do not need a tourist visa to enter Hong Kong. We have 14 days to stay there. Just purchase your tickets, go to the airport, pay the travel taxes (1,620.00 pesos) and ride your plane. Oops! You need to pass the Immigration officer and security check before you can hop on the plane.

🌟 Anyway, I normally book all by myself, without the help of travel agencies. It's fun for an adventurous person like me. I've met several Filipino backpackers, too, while I was roaming along the streets of Hong Kong and other places I've visited.

There are several competitive low carrier airlines:

● Cebu Pacific
● Air Asia
● Jetstar
● Tiger Air

🌟 I've tried the first three a few times, but I haven't tried riding Tiger Air yet. I may try for my next adventure.

My very first flight was with Cebu Pacific. I hear a lot of negative things about them, but I haven't experienced one-- so far. I rode their planes for a few times and everything went smooth from on time flight, seating arrangement (I always pay for premium seats), luggage and up to FAs' assistance. Maybe I was just lucky to experience hassle-free flights with them.😄

So here you go, you were able to book your roundtrip airfare. The next thing you should do is look around online booking sites to canvass for the best room prices and deals. Here are my favorite sites:

● Bookings.com
● Expedia.com
● Agoda.com
● Airbnb
● Hotels.com

You can book and pay using credit or debit card (Visa or Mastercard, some accept Amex and Diners), or even book without a credit card in some hotels/hostels, depending if it's peak season or not. Some hotels do not have credit card payment facility so you will have to pay by cash at the front desk upon arrival. Most high end hotels require upfront payment upon booking.

🌟 I booked through Expedia, and paid upfront using my credit card. I stayed at Best Western Harbour View Hotel in Hong Kong Island. I was able to get a promo discount from my credit card company for a Queen sized room, with a rate of 3,000/night for 3 nights, overlooking the harbour. Although I could get cheaper rates for as low as Php500/night in a backpacker, hostel or dormitory type, still I preferred to stay where I could relax during my entire vacation.

NOTE:
I will never advice any hostels in Chungking Mansion. Never book there. Find on Google about Chungking Mansion Rape cases.

The next thing you will do is to find attractions and places to visit in Hong Kong. What comes in your mind whenever you hear HK? Yes!

👉 Disneyland!

Ticket Price: HK$589.00
1 day Standard Ticket Ages 12-62

You can get a discount if you purchase the tickets from your hotel, if they are selling Disneyland tickets. Most hotels do sell them though.

You can book and purchase Disneyland ticket/s online, print or screenshot the confirmation email and show it at the entrance. 👇

https://www.hongkongdisneyland.com/destinations/theme-park/

🌟 So these are the 3 things I booked beforehand. The rest can be done as a backpacker. 😊👍

I'll post my Hong Kong adventure on the next chapter.

To Be Continued...

🌟(I'm trying to upload photos but data speed sucks, so I'll upload them tonight.)🌟