Chapter 2

The girl was awoken by a harsh slap in the face, her eyes focused on the woman of her nightmares.

"Get up! You're cleaning out the office today!" The woman spat. Any other teenager would dread having to clean all day, and so would the girl sometimes, but this was the first time she had been let out of the horrid basement for an entire month.

"Yes mother, sorry mother" The woman left the basement and the girl followed after her, limping, keeping at least four paces behind her.

The house was large and had plenty of expensive items within its walls. From large rugs that had been hand-made in Indonesia and marble floors to velvety Chez Lounges from France and sets of silver from London. The girl hated it, it was too much like a museum rather than a house, but anything was better than the cold and dark basement.

Once the girl got to the office, she opened the window and took a deep breath of fresh air, something she only had occasionally. She looked around at the stacks of paper on the desk and the books strewn all over the place. This room was her favourite of the whole house, it was small and looked out on the large garden; the office was also home to all the books in the house.

The mother hated reading and classed it as something only lower class people did so there was only a small amount of books available, but the girl would sneak one back to her basement from time to time, using the dim light of the small window to read them. She used them as an escape from the terror that was her life.

She soon got to work, organising the books on their little shelf, dusting the corners, polishing the paperweights, straightening up the cushion on the chair.

A few hours went by and the girl had one final job to do, organise the papers on the desk. She opened the draws of the desk and started filing away the papers. Just as she was about to close the bottom drawer, a strange document caught her eye. She furrowed her eyebrows and picked it up, it had swirly gold writing and it read:

This certifies the birth of Angela Jenia Lupin, born on the 11th of October 1980.
Mother: Scarlet Maria Bitwood
Father: Remus John Lupin

The young girl couldn't believe her eyes. Ever since her first year of Hogwarts, the girl had thought her name was Angela Rose Bitwood, but no, she had been lied to. There it was, in writing, Angela Jenia Lupin.

Angie was about to put it away but then realised that her father's name was on it. Her eyes widened, she had found her father! Thousands of thoughts were rushing through her head but she stopped on one in particular. "If I can find an address, I could escape..." She smiled, something the teenager hadn't done since she was a baby.

Angie put down the birth certificate and rummaged around the bottom drawer again, her eyes landed on a small piece of paper and her smile grew. She picked it up with shaky hands and read it before tucking it into the waistband of her trousers and getting back to work, thinking about her escape.

A while later, Scarlet entered the room to inspect it. After looking around for a moment she nodded, "Good. You get dinner tonight. Now, back to the cellar, and don't touch anything." Angie thanked her and quickly made her way back down to the basement. She sat down and waited for the door to lock before rushing over to the small window. She pulled out the paper and held it up to the light and smiled.

Hours passed and Angie was now sat in her dog bed, paper hidden underneath it. She looked up at the sound of her mother coming into the room and stood, hands but her sides. "Dinner. Eat." A piece of cold, leftover steak hit the floor in front of her and she knelt down next to it.

Scarlet stood and watched, making sure that Angie was eating it correctly, to make sure she was eating it like the animal she was. That meant no bowls, no plates, no utensils, just her mouth and the floor.

Once she was finished, the woman kicked her in the stomach and left, but not before telling Angie that tomorrow she needed to clean the garden. It took every ounce of strength for the girl to not smile at this, but she later down in her bed and waited for the door to lock. She clutched the address in her hand and eventually fell asleep.

--||--||----------

Helloooo peeps! This is just a short chapter but I hope you enjoyed it nonetheless. Remember to comment your opinions. Cheers,
                               Ella x
P. S Jenia is pronounced (Jen-i-a)