Deakumatized

Lady Wifi and The Bubbler woke up cuddling. Without a word they released each other. They shared a small smile before Hawkmoth's voice entered the room through loudspeakers.

"I want you both to meet me in the Training Room in ten minutes. Don't. Be. Late." Lady Wifi rolled her eyes. The Bubbler mimicked him. She giggled. It soon turned into a frown and he got worried.

"My Lady, what's wrong?"

"You... you know... I don't know how to say this." He put his hand on his chin, stroking his imaginary beard in an attempt to make her laugh. Or at least smile. Then he sighed, giving up.

"Lemme guess. You've gotten close to that Alya girl, haven't you?" She nodded meekly.

"Y-yeah... I don't... want to be... bad anymore." She winced unconsciously, scared that he would say the exact thing she wanted to hear but didn't want to at the same time.

"...I don't either." She sighed. He said it. "Alya is right. He is a great person. He almost knocked me senseless when I didn't agree that she was she most amazing girl he had ever met."

"So? Who... is?"

"Do you need to ask?" She smiled an evil innocent smile.

"That is the sweetest thing you've ever said to me you know." He blinked. Thrice.

"I-I mean-n y-you know-w u-um he me out here dude?" He looked up at his head with an impatient look on his face. Nino just laughed in his mind.

"Now you're just talking to yourself." He sighed.

"What are we going to do partner?"

"I... don't know. If we just go up to the heroes and give em our akumas he'll torture us. And who knows what new powers he's gotten now from whatever the source is."

"Yeah..." They didn't know what to do or how to get out of their predicament. Once upon a time they were mindless butterflies with no soul. Turning into akumas, being DJWifi... it was the only life they had ever known. Even after they failed him individually Hawkmoth had choosen them to prove themselves. He had created them. Given them these... these bodies to inhabit themselves in. They literally owed him everything.

And yet... being... human. Unlike others which usually only had their fun for a few measly minutes or hours before being purified. They had gotten a chance to be people. To really experience it. And... they didn't want to leave. They didn't want to go back into the jungle of a world. Their humanity exposed them to so much. Things they never even thought possible as butterflies. Guilt, pain, happiness, peace, emotions... love. It wasn't something they were ever meant to feel. Yet they felt it.

Nino and Alya had begged so many times. Slowly they warmed up to the two African-Parisians. They were so... nice. Nothing like how Hawkmoth was to them. The guilt was overwhelming. They had to help them. To go against their master and help them.

"Well... it isn't going to be easy... but we can try."

"One. Minute." They rolled their eyes. Any ounce of regret they had for disobeying their master dissipated.

"Come on Wifi. Let's go." They walked out into the hallway together. They stopped at the door. "Are you sure Lady? We could always just-"

"He'll get what's coming to him. For the kids?"

"For the kids." They entered. Hawkmoth was tapping his foot impatiently.

"You're late."

"What are you gonna do, torture us? Get lost-" The Bubbler gave her nudge and a warning glance. They cpuldnt have him being suspicious. "I mean... whatever. What do you want?"