Dialogues

"Just draw in a new one."

"Are you serious?"

"What other option is there?" Bucky asked, leaning over Sam's shoulder and watching the reflection with a smirk that he couldn't hold back.  It wasn't that he didn't try; it was just too hard to stop.  "Sam, you look ridiculous, and I refuse to commit my life to a guy with one eyebrow."

"You had one arm, and I didn't go anywhere," Sam snapped back, his cold stare dropping the temperature in the room around them.

"Ooooh, ouch, baby," Bucky gasped, clutching his chest.  "Proud of you, though.  You got me."

Sam could only sigh with annoyance and frustration, staring at his reflection and feeling like an immense idiot for letting things get this far, and for now having to figure out how to cover this mistake up without making Grant feel bad like he was certain to.  "I told Steve that this was a bad idea," he groaned, leaning in closer to the mirror.  The realization finally hit that there was absolutely no hair left; not a single one.  "I told him to just tell the kids no and to put his foot down, but noooo, this is the thanks I get for trying."

"You know that it's not just the kids."

"Then he should've told (Y/N) no.  It can be done.  I know it's an urban legend, but I've seen it with my own eyes, Buck."

"Pfft, yeah right."

"No!" Sam suddenly yelped at his own revelation, clapping his hands with a hit so loud that Bucky jumped at the shock.  "Oh, shit, Bucky it can be done!  Oh my god, I can't believe that I didn't think of this sooner!"

~~~

Just down the hall from Sam and Bucky, Tony had cornered Anthony in his room, although it wasn't hard to do given that the boy had been grounded for the next week for his outburst at his grandfather.  It was a mild punishment for such an outright disregard and insult, but Tony knew that he was a good kid and that something else had to be going on to drive it.  "Alright, so are we going to talk about this?" he asked Grant politely, trying his best to not appear imposing or angry, though he was still feeling the latter.

"No."

"Okay, so let's go with we are going to talk about this."

"Leave me alone, Grandpa.  I said that I was sorry."  Anthony had been sitting quietly on his bed in the silence of his room, having lost pretty much every privilege that he had and leaving him with only the thoughts in his head to entertain him.  It probably wasn't the best idea, and all it did was help to build his own case against everyone else for being wrong when he was right.

"Can't do that, kiddo," Tony half-heartedly apologized.  "What the hell happened today?  Anthony, that wasn't like you at all."

"I just got angry."

"Well then, you need to be careful.  Bruce might not appreciate you stepping into his territory like that."  All that Tony wanted was maybe a little smile, or a twinkle in his grandson's eyes that let him know that his namesake and not-outwardly-admitted favorite was still in there.  When he saw nothing recognizable, he only then truly started to worry, and took his chances in sitting down next to the young man.

"I don't know, something just...snapped.  I got so pisse...angry, and I couldn't hold back.  But...I really am sorry, Grandpa," he exhaled heavily, finally turning to look at Tony, "I meant that."

"I know, buddy.  Are you still mad now?"

"A little."

"Is there anything that you want to get off your chest?  I'm offering a free pass here, I can take it."