6

💀6💀    

Katie couldn't decide what was to be done. Her own body shuddered at the thought and looking at Lucy just made her shiver in the not so chilly climate. A wet snake slithered up and down her spine. Should she console Lucy or be frightened. The house did have a sinister look that Katie noticed right away when she entered. But, hearing something like that, so boldly in clear daylight was not something Katie has ever heard of. She hasn't even read something like this in any of the books. A tight knot of something undefined captured her beating heart. 

Looking around, her gaze fell upon a rolling figure on the ground, few feet away.

Em was practically having the time of her life, laughing to her heart's content into her fits. One fierce look and Katie understood it has something to do with Em.

"Not fair, Em!" Katie said with gritted teeth.

"Oh, my..." more laughter, "did you believe it too?" more and more laughter.

Lucy turned around and let it all out in one breath. A frustrated sigh erupted from her lips and she shoved some dried leaves and twigs on Em with her foot.

"You shouldn't have done that. I am already fried to my bones and you..." Lucy said, close to tears.

"Oh my God; you should have seen your face," Em said in between laughter.

"Em, quit being a child. Playing a prank on someone is not similar to scare them to death. You know, how imaginative and sensitive Lucy can be."

With her fierce tone and the not so amused glance, Em did stop laughing but once again, she erupted into wild hysterics. "I am sorry." She said in between laughter, "I can't help it."

"Come on Lucy," Katie said affectionately to a crying Lucy who was leaning on to the rustic pole of the swing. Even though the swing's plank was broken, the steel base was still intact, and Katie made Lucy sat on it. "Don't worry. She was just pulling your leg."

"No, Kat, I heard something in the beginning after I saw the girl. I did hear something whisper or it may be the wind... but do wind whisper and howl in a word, like go?"

"You are already stressed while coming here thought this was your own idea, but, since you were scared in the beginning, you imagined the wind whispering as if it was a warning."

"Katie, please be rational here, there was no wind or breeze that touched you, did it?" Lucy was crying badly and Em felt really bad, for doing what was a tad bit too much, she thought.

Katie was really stumped.

Indeed, there wasn't any trace of wind when she entered and she did see Lucy standing by the gate, looking scared; but, nothing in bold light could do something like this. Even if ghosts, as stated in some books are real, they will only come at night; as per the books.

However, they are a bunch of hogwash fiction to lure people in and Katie knew it. She was not a girl who believed in irrational thing. And now, this, whatever Lucy claimed was being really childish and irrational. Wasn't Lucy always scared of ghosts and monsters under the bed when young?

"The Wind may blow in any direction at any given time Lucy. When you entered, there was a light fluttering of leaves above me, I heard, but I didn't feel it. Like I said, wind blowing couldn't be defined. You heard something are your own fears materializing into imaginations; hallucinations. Now be a girl and come with us. A quick round to the right wing and we are off for today. And I think it's better we forget about this house. There isn't much for us to entertain here, anyway." Katie said and waited for Lucy to sober up.