As Louis waited for the first person to arrive, he checked all of the food and drinks, making sure that he had enough punch in both bowls he had placed out. He also made sure that they were the one on the right was spiked with enough vodka. He put in three more cap fulls, hoping that that was enough to go through the whole punch, but he was sure a quarter (and three cap fulls) was just fine. 

When he twisted around, his mother was standing in the doorway, her eyebrow quirked up and a smirk on her face. He quickly capped the alcohol, placing it under the table. 

"M-mom!" Louis gasped, letting out a nervous chuckle. "H-how long h-have you b-been st-standing th-there?" Louis asked, putting his hands behind his back, like he was hiding something. 

"Long enough to know that you're getting your friends extra drunk," Jay said, pushing off of the doorway to walk over to Louis. She pressed a kiss to the side of his face, rubbing his back. "You're not in trouble, don't worry, love. You're going to be eighteen tomorrow, anyways. Mind as well start drinking something now so you can get used to it, if you're going to be drinking." Louis bit his tongue, not having the heart to tell his mum that he'd been sneaking alcohol from them for three years now. "Just be safe tonight, okay? Don't want you to have more of a headache tomorrow than you will already have."

Louis smiled gratefully at his mum, kissing her cheek quickly. "Th-thanks, mum," he mumbled, slipping out of her arms when the bell rung. He checked the clock, surprised to see it was already 8:00 PM. He ran up the stairs to the door, flinging it open, smiling when he saw Harry, Haley, a mystery girl with long, brown hair, Zayn, and Liam there. They all greeted each other, and Harry greeted the mystery girl as his older sister, Gemma. Louis was delighted to meet her, finally, and gave her a quick side-hug. 

"It's n-nice to m-meet you, G-Gemma," Louis said. 

"It's nice you meet you, too, Louis," Gemma said, her voice smooth and light. Louis grinned and led them down to the basement, where it was already starting to darken. The room was small, but he knew there wasn't going to be very many people, so it wasn't too much of a problem. The lights hanging from the ceiling were already starting to glow from the sudden darkness in the room, making the room only lightly lit. Before the other five could get through the door, Louis twisted around, pointing to the mistletoe before pressing a kiss to all of their cheeks. Gemma, Haley, and Liam blushed, and Louis was surprised that Liam wasn't rubbing the kiss off his cheek or something. He seemed to be able to keep his intrusive thoughts at bay.

Zayn, who was once behind Louis, was now rushing over to the stereo over in the corner, pulling out two blank CDs from his back pocket. He pushed in the first disc, and the room shook with the sudden bass. Louis could already feel himself getting used to the rhythm of the music. He smiled and moved his hips to it for a second, chuckling when he saw that the others were looking at him with a weird look. 

"R-right b-bowl is sp-spiked. Get p-pissed!" Louis cheered, shaking is hips fast and dramatically, closing his eyes to laugh. He sashayed over to the door to the basement, climbing up the stairs when he heard the doorbell ring again. Didn't he put a sign up front for people to just come in? Well. Whatever. He opened the door, meeting the eyes of Savannah, who was with Niall and who Louis guessed was Savannah's older sister, Sarah. "H-hey!" Louis greeted, kissing their cheeks as they entered. Sarah gasped when he did, and Niall slapped his bum, while Savannah just leaned him back and pressed a chaste kiss to his lips. Louis sputtered and blushed with surprise. He, then, burst out into giggles, pressing another kiss to Savannah's lips before pulling out of her arms. "O-okay, S-Savannah is alr-ready dr-drunk," Louis teased, bumping her hip with his. 

She looked at him with her glazed eyes, nodding. "Okay, so I had, like, one beer with Niall and Sarah before I came, shoot me. Let's just get the party started, yeah?" Louis nodded, leading them down the stairs and into the basement.