A disturbing revelation

You are Enol Egnarts,
You are married to the woman you have ever loved.
She has given you four beautiful children.
They are brilliant at school, spiritful and involved in your family life.
You are at the head of your own lawyer office, which is one of the most famous of the City.

04:00 Your best friend, Caleb, called you this morning to ask you to join him after work in a pub.
After having accepted his offer, you told your
wife not to wait you for the dinner, and you have explained your kids that you won't be able to read them their night's story.

11:00 Happy to have finished your last case, you put off all the lights and close the doors.

11:15 You are in a taxi, and want to see your friend. He said that he has a good news to inform you.

11:30 Arrived in the Green Field, you sit to your friend's table.
He exclaimed: - Guess what... She said yes!! I am engaged to Cecily!
You look so surprised that he contains himself and says again: - I have decided to take my responsibilities, to have a family. I have now a serious job in a bank. And I want to be really happy too.
"To be really happy??" you think. But what does "happiness" mean? Is it to have a boring but securing job? Does money make people happy? Do people need a big house and white pickles fence to be happy? Am I free to be happy? Am I only free to go where I want? No, my rights are delimited by sheets of paper. The lack of passeport and visa can forbid my freedom.
Interrupting the thread of your thoughts, you suddenly stand up and leave the pub.
You call a taxi and ask him to go to New York's harbour.
There, you ask an old sailor if you can travel to his next destination with him. You offer to work freely for him during the journey.
The old man is fixing you, he seems to be to weighting the pros and cons, but finally nods.
He stretches out his hand and by this simple sign he seems to have already understood your desire of escape.
Your vital need of freedom!