six // and suddenly, we're strangers

Start from the beginning

The memories of what once filled Elijah's mind. He wanted that again. He wanted them to be happy and themselves again.

"This is us, the Original family. And we remain together, always and forever. I am asking you to stay here. I will help you and I will stand by you. I will be your brother. We will build a home here together. So save Faith, save the woman you love. Save your child."

Klaus moves forward until he is face to face with his brother. He grabs the back of his neck and pulls him forward, his mouth at Elijah's ear.

"No." He growls, basically pushing him away.

Klaus goes off on his own, and Elijah can't help think he needs time for this to settle.

Or at least, he hopes that's all he needs.

_______

"Well, he's doing what he does. Given a chance at happiness, Klaus runs in the opposite direction." Elijah says into his phone, filling Rebekah in on what has been found out.

"Let him run. Faith and the child are better off without him." His sister replies.

"He's not better off without Faith or that child, and neither are we."

"Darling, kind Elijah, our brother rarely brings us anything but pain. At what point in your life will you stop searching for his redemption?"

For over a thousand years, Elijah had done everything in his power to bring back the person he once knew, his brother. Once he realized that person may no longer exist, all he's tried to do is pull back the layers of the monster. 

"I'll stop searching for his redemption when I believe there is none left to be found." He states, pulling the phone away from his ear and hanging up.

He had to find Klaus. He had to convince him, that this is what he needs. This is everything he's ever wanted. 

No matter how much he wished Faith had gotten what she deserved, a life without the originals, he was thankful. He was thankful it was Faith who brought his family together.  

He continues his walk to the cemetery, finally reaching the tomb he and his brother once stood in. Only to hear the witches talking of their plans.

"Marcel and his vampires are out of control. Something had to be done." Sophie exclaims, the witches having never agreed to this.

"And the solution is to bring in more vampires?" One of the elders, Agnes questions. Having met Klaus earlier that day, had scared her.

"These aren't just any vampires, Agnes. They're the Originals." 

"What makes you think you can control the hybrid?" This catches Elijah's attention, causing his feet to wonder into the tomb.

"She can't." He announces his presence, all of the witches turning to look at him. "I'm not entirely certain that I can, either, but now that your coven has drawn his ire, I have a question. What prevents my brother from murdering you instead of cooperating?"

He thought being honest, and blunt would be the easiest and fastest way to get the answers he wanted. 

Sophie doesn't answer, she simply walks over to the bricks of the tomb and pulls out a weed. 

Elijah was confused as he watches her hold up the weed, as if showing it off to him. Then everything falls into place as she pricks herself in the hand, and Faith cries out. 

"Ow!" she yells, looking down at her hand. A spot of blood is seen and she doesn't understand why. 

"The spell my sister performed, the one that got her killed, it didn't just confirm the pregnancy. It linked me to Faith. So anything that happens to me happens to her, which means her life is in my hands."