Chapter 8

The current turned around me. I was gone. Floating down the stream with no control of where I went. All I could hear in my ears was the rushing of the current, the waves crashing into the land on the sides, and rushing below me. I no longer had any control over my body. My mind blank.

My head came above the water and I gasped for air. I saw a large boulder over by the side of the stream. I tried to move myself toward it. I was pulled quickly by the current, but I made my way over to the boulder. I threw my arms around using all the strength I had left to hold on. My head was laying against it gazing off into the distance. I heard yelling above me. "help..." I said barely even a whisper. I couldn't even hear myself. I felt two arms wrapped around my body. I didn't bother to look who had me.

I felt something being tied around my waist. The person that was holding on to me yelled and I felt my feet leave the ground. With that I wrapped my arms around person holding me. I never let go. I felt tugs at my waist that indicated that I was belong forcefully pulled up from the stream.

When my feet were finally back on land I collapsed to the ground, my arms still wrapped around the one who saved me. I slowly opened my eyes to see who it was. I was met with a smiling Cy looking down at me. His hair was soaked and so were his clothes. I smiled back at him. He nodded his head over to where the knights stood.

I quickly tried to sit up but when I did I cried out in pain. I tried to lean on my left arm but there was a shooting pain through it. I looked down at it. With horror running through me I saw a bone that was supposed to be inside my arm. I started crying and screaming. Cy quickly took me in his arms and whispered something in my ear that I could not understand.

He picked me up off the ground and carried me over to the carriage that he had come here in. He sat me on the seat and the carriage quickly took off. Cy sat across from me. He looked down at me with worry on his face.

"Why such the long face?" I asked him in a small voice.

"You're hurt and in terrible pain. I could help you when I first tried. I feel like this is my fault." I shook my head ad at him.

"No it's not. I fell off my horse. I wasn't paying attention."

"But I could have saved you sooner."

"You didn't know I was there. Don't worry I'll be fine." The carriage hit a large bump and my arm flew and hit the side of the seat. I cried out in pain. I couldn't handle it.

As I yelled out in pain I saw Cy pull of his shirt. I didn't realize what he was doing till he put it around my neck and gently slip my arm into the rest of the shirt to hold it. stared at him. His chest was completely bare. I had never seem a man with out a shirt. I quickly diverted my eyes but I was drawn back. I had thought of him as a handsome u young gentleman, but now. My he is very.... nice looking. Is that how to describe how he looked.

We made eye contact as if he had caught me staring. I shut my eyes to avoid it. It was embarrassing to stare at him. I have never stared at anyone before. I usually keep my eyes down.

Another large bump and I bounced on my seat and pain shot up my arm. I couldn't deal with this pain. I just want it gone. I can't handle pain. Even with the slightest amount of pain I break down, then, just like I knew I would, I break down in tears. I can't handle the pain. I don't take it very well. I look down at my arm that was now wrapped in Cy's shirt is soaked with blood. I start to get light headed, but then we hit another bump and I scream out in pain. I look back down at my blood covered arm.

I can't handle this right now. It feels like time is moving like stream, fast and strong dragging me around like a doll. I want to sleep, but I know that if I do everyone will worry. They will think I am dead. Just like they did a few days ago.