CHAPTER 7

A huge glass building stands before us. This is where we would be staying until we die. Joy. Effie. Starts rambling on about the history of the Capitol and the Hunger Games.

"Since you are from 12, you get the pent house." Is all I can hear Effiesay clearly.

My jaw hits the floor once the broad wooden doors swing open. My small little shack in the seam seemed like a speck of dust compared to this place. Big, cozy chairs, a huge flat-screen TV, and a huge table in the middle of the room. I wish my family were here to see all of this. Wait, scratch that, I wish my family could be ableto live in such luxury. Effie grabbed my arm and practically dragged me to my room, where my jaw hit the floor once again. It probably could have fallen off the balcony and hit the streets. The king-size bed and comfy throw pillows invited me right in.

"Now why dont you clean yourself up a bit before dinner at 6." Effie called behind her as she exited the room.

I opened up the bathroom doors and threw off my clothes. I attempted to turn the faucet on but failed to do so. I resulted in rubbimg myself down with a washcloth. The showers here are really weird.

When I emerged from the bathroom.I saw a gold shirt and jean capris on my bed. I pulled the clothes on and left the room, wondering how many times I will do this until I am sent into the arena.