Chapter 5 - Confused

I stared at my phone; reading the message over and over and over again.

A text message.

From Brad.

Who I haven't seen or spoken to in about 3 years.

My heart was unexplainably beating faster than usual as my fingers hovered over the keyboard on my phone as I tried to think of a reply to send back to him.

Why could he possibly be contacting me and after all this time?

What could he possibly want or gain from this?

After what he had said to me and how he had made me feel that one day I had tried to forget all about him. It sounds crazy but we had to move on in our lives. He had tried to keep in contact with me, but I just ignored him. I know it sounds harsh but he was going on multiple tours, and I was going to university. I was better now at trying to forget about him and ignoring the occasional picture of him that ended up on my Tumblr Dashboard or on my Twitter Feed.

So what had made him suddenly, completely out of the blue, decide to text me?

After much deliberation I sent a short reply:

"Hey Brad. I'm fine thank you. How are you? x"

I re-read my message to check for any spelling errors or typos before reluctantly sending it.

I continued to stare at my phone, waiting anxiously for a message.

It wasn't long before Brad answered my text, sending my gut to pieces.

"I'm great :) Do you want to grab a coffee sometime? x"

My stomach flipped as I read the last sentence. He wanted to meet up with me?

I threw my phone onto the other side of my bed.

I'd reply some other time.

I couldn't think properly.

Part of me wanted to meet up with him but part of me was sending me warning signals. I had always believed that I had got over Brad and that I was happy with my life, but when he sent me those texts my stomach had erupted into butterflies just like it used to.

Just like when we were together and he used to take my face is his hands and kiss my forehead.

Just like when we were together and he used to pick me up and squeeze me, his arms pulling me close.

And just like when he used to tell me he loved me.

I got up off of my bed and walked towards Molly's room. I needed her help on what to do.

I walked down the corridor, through the kitchen and general sitting area, before knocking on her door.

"Molly?" I popped my head around her bedroom door.

"Oh hey Emily. What's up?" She looked up from her phone.

"I need your advice." I mumbled.

"Sure." She grinned and gestured for me to come and sit down beside her on her bed.

I flopped down next to her and let out a huge sigh.

"Come on then. Spill the beans." She chuckled.

"You know that guy, Brad, that I was telling you about ages ago?" I asked her.

"Oh yes the infamous Bradley."

I rolled my eyes at her. She really wasn't making this easy.

"He just randomly texted me and asked if I wanted to meet up with him."

"Oh my gosh. Seriously?" She grinned.

"Yes. Seriously."

"Why do you look so forlorn?" She questioned me.

"Because I don't know what to do!" I groaned.

"It's pretty simple."

"What is?" I gave her a confused look.

"You go meet him of course."

"I'm not sure though. That's why I've come to ask you what you think I should do."

"Yes and I've given you my opinion. Go and meet him."

"But.."

"I seriously can't believe you Emily." She cut me off.

"What?"

"The guy that you wouldn't stop taking and moaning to me about for god knows how long has just texted you and asked to meet up with you."

"Yeah but..."

"You have to meet up with him! You've wanted to see him and speak to him in ages. I don't see what you are so worried about?"

I sigh and look up at Molly.

"I'm worried that I never truly got over him."