XXVII

After

I stare at my reflection from the mirror. My brown hair is in its natural wavy state, and my face isn't covered in a ton of makeup like most brides do. My white dress goes down to my feet and has long lace sleeves. My veil goes down to my mid back. My bouquet is simple white flowers. I let out a sigh as I look at myself. This is happening you're about to marry your best friend. The man you had loved for so long it's hard to count the years. "Hey love you ready?" Tommy asks behind me. I look at him and nod my head slowly. He walks over to me and grabs my free hand. "You're going to be okay. You're marrying Alex, even though I wish it was me..." he starts but I give him a shut up glare. "But you are going to be okay. I wouldn't lie to you Luna, you know that." He says slowly. Tommy walks me in front of the doors that block me from the alter. I let out a breath, and the doors open. Everyone stands up and stares at Tommy and I as we walk down the isle. I finally reach where Alex stands and he looks at me smiling. Tommy kisses my cheek and goes to sit down in his spot. Alex take my left hand into his and smiles at me. "You're so beautiful love." Alex whispers to me quietly. All of our friends and neighbors sit back down as the preacher starts talking.

"Do you Alex take Luna to be your wife?" "I do."
"Do you Luna take Alex to be your husband?"
"I do."
"You may now kiss the bride."
There I felt Alex's lips onto mine. I smile and kiss him back. Everyone starts clapping and whistling. We pull away from each other smiling.
"I love you."
"I love you too."