| Chapter 1 |

River's POV; ♡
All eyes were on me as I approached my age group, age 15, suddenly our mayor Alma Bexley comes on stage, tapping softly on the microphone. As we look forward, she begins her speech. "Welcome to the third quarter quell, it's this special time of year again!" she giggles. I roll my eyes and wanted it to be over with, I was already done with her drunk attitude. After what seemed like hours of her chirping on and on about the wars that made our district, she went on to the pickings. "For the ladies, of course, ladies first!" she says, laughing hard. Alma finally draws a slip of paper, pulling it apart. Everyone at this point is clinging onto each other, holding tightly. "Representing the girls of District 2... River Kentwell." She says slowly as once again, eyes go on me. I slowly get up from my seat, as my blood boiled. I look at the ground as I step from stair to stair and finally on the stage. "It's nice to see you again, miss River. ever since your...sister's funeral." Right there and then, I just froze. today was the day I didn't want to hear one chirp about clove, I didn't want to break down into tears, being known as clove's little sister, she left a big impact on district 2 as the girl with knives and everyone expected me to be just as rebellious as her. but guess what? I'm not Clove Kentwell, I'm River Kentwell. I am related to her but I'm not her. and I never will be her. Even if you tried your hardest. It'll never happen. Clove isn't me.
~ This was my first chapter, I haven't written a story in so long, so, this may be weird. I hope you like it, HAHA what am I thinking? You guys will cringe hahaha. I'm a wannabe hunger games writer. Oops? Okay, well, I'll be writing more later, since I have no lifeeee. ~
- The Author, Clove ♡