filler

Hey everyone I am so sorry that I haven't updated in God knows how long. I've been really busy. I just recently found out that I am pregnant and haven't been able to really concentrate on the story. I am going to still tell you about Keith's past but that's about all that I could do when I wrote this. I shall be updating again very soon though. :) I hope y'all enjoy what I have written. I also would like to thank you all for my story. there are more than I ever though there would be!!! :)

-Ducky

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~Toby's POV~~

Sitting in this car listening to ALee and Keith singing and laughing might just be the happiest I've ever been. I hate all of what has happened bit I really am glad that we were all brought together. I wonder how Keith ended up with that girl and why he seems different than other kids. Not just the fact that he's smart but the way he acts. I wonder if I ask him if he'll tell us or close up into himself. Only one way to find out and that's by asking.

"Hey Keith?" I say turning down the music, "Do you wanna tell us how you ended up with that girl at Wal-Mart?"

"Well I was at my friend's house and his mom came in and she was crying and holding her arm. She had gotten bit and we didn't really know what to do because the monsters were everywhere. So we cleaned up her bite and waited for her to get better but she got worse. Then a few hours later she just died. They were really sad but then she got back up and started walking towards us. I grabbed Shelby, my friends little sister, because she was trying to run to her mom but I had a feeling that some thing bad would happen and I was right. Their dad didn't listen to me and ran and hugged her. She bit into his neck while I grabbed Jack's hand and ran out side with Shelby and him."He says sadly.

"What happened next?" I ask quietly.

"We got outside but before I could do anything an old woman jumped onto Jack and started eating him. Shelby started crying and I didn't know what to do because he was already dead. I ran off with Shelby and we hid in a gas station after some one drew all the zombies away by being loud. We locked ourselves up and ate some of the food that was in the store and then Shelby started to get sick. She died and I was taking her to the back room after I checked to make sure she wasn't bit and she wasn't. I laid her in the floor and turned to leave when she bit my ankle. I kicked her off and ran out of the room shutting the door behind me. I waited awhile and decided I would kill myself but then I couldn't bring myself to do it. I blocked myself in so I couldn't get out and waited. I didn't turn so I hid out until it was clearer. I left the store and was walking around and walked straight into a horde of monsters. They completely ignored me like I wasn't there then I realized I could feel the monsters that were close. I was just walking around when Penny found me in front of the orphanage. She thought I was an orphan so I let her. I feel so different and I think its because of the bite." He says teary eyed.

"I'm sorry that you went through all of that Keith. You are safe with us." ALee says giving me a don't say anything different look.

"You aren't scared of me?" He says hopefully looking up with tears threatening to fall. He truly is nothing bit a kid who is lost and scared in this crazy place we call world.

"No we aren't scared of you," I say with a smile on my face, "You are still the same Keith we know and love just a little more advanced than we first thought."

"Lets stop some where soon. Do y'all wanna camp or do y'all wanna stay in a house or what because it seems like this town is deserted as well." ALee asks us.

"Lets camp in the back yard of a house." Keith says with a smile bouncing up and down like his usual self again.

"Alright lets choose a place and set up for tonight. We will leave early in the morning. I want to go deep into the woods where we will be hidden from sight and build a tree house so we can be up off the ground and harder to reach." ALee says smartly with a half smile.

"That sounds like a good plan. How is it you come up with all of this stuff?" I ask I awe of this amazing girl.

"I've always been a great planner. I think about every option and out come of every plan. My dad wanted me to get into politics or join one of the armed forces." She says with a shrug.

"I can't wait this is going to be so much fun!" Keith says smiling widely at us.

I shake my head as we drive around looking for a place to stay and a store that has all the supplies we need for tomorrow. Being with these two is going to be one hell of a ride.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know this isn't so great but I will more than likely go back and fix it but for now it will suffice for what needed to be said about Keith's past and their future plans.