sixteen, whizzer

"im fine," whizzer heard himself promising the following day. "go back to class."

"whizzer-" marvin stomped his foot in anger- "if you get hurt while im gone-"

"house phone."

"what if youre in our room? no phone there!"

"can we not fight over this?"

marvin sighed, crawling into bed with whizzer, wrapping his arm across his lovers body. "im sorry."

whizzer laced his fingers between marvins free hand, looking into his eyes, a small frown on his face. "dont be. go to class."

"but-"

"were paying for it, for the love of god. go."

"whizzer, you can hardly-"

"what if," whizzer mused, "i went to class with you?"

"you havent paid for a class. thats not how this works."

"ill register now, then," whizzer continued, ignoring the look on marvins face. "and we can go together. and then i could get a real job, and-"

"whizzer. your health matters more than my degrees."

"we cant pay the health bills if you dont have the degree. higher degree means a higher paycheque, right?"

"you didnt go to college. im going back. we wouldnt be together."

whizzer groaned, turning to the other side of the bed. marvin wasnt quite sure, but it seemed as though the other man had crossed his arms with a huff. "fine," he mumbled. "have it your way."

***

the next day, whizzer had- with the help of charlotte and cordelia- arrived at the college marvin attended, registration papers in hand.

he would get a degree. he would bring home money. he would make marvin- and himself- happy.

***

school starts monday shoot me im also not a big fan of how i wrote this chapter?