Chapter 14

Ending 2, part 1

Final Task Era

It felt like time was molasses spilling out of a cup. Moving slowly, making you impatient.

Time is a funny thing, isn't it? It will go by slowly when you want it to go by fast, and it will go by fast when you want it to go by slowly.

Right now, time was moving slowly. I couldn't keep my foot still, but I didn't mind it. It was a sort of outlet for the anxious feeling in the pit of my stomach and the bottom of my throat. As I sit next to Fleur, waiting for Cedric and Harry to come back. I realized something.

I shouldn't take time for granted every again. Whether it moves slowly or goes by fast. Time is time. Enjoy the moments while you still have them.

I'm pulled from my thoughts when the crowd starts cheering again. The band starts playing again, and the students begin chanting Cedric and Harry's name.

But something wasn't right with the picture.

Cedric way lying on the ground, Harry trying to shake him awake. The trophy a little to the left.

I get up as fast as humanly possible, and sprint over to Harry

"What happened?" I ask as I pull out my wand from my pocket. "I-I don't know! Voldemort was there, a-and the death eaters..."

Someone, professor Moody, takes a hysterical Harry away from the scene to calm him down.

I check Cedric's wrist, and sure enough, there was a pulse. It was quite faint however.

I close my eyes, and try to remember the one spell that would help me in this situation.

I point the tip of my wand to his chest "Rennervate"

Nothing happens for a second, but Cedric's chest shakes violently. His eyes open, and he gasps for air. I let out a cry of joy, he's alive!

Amos Diggory hugs me tightly "thank you! Thank you so much!"

I smile, tears of joy pooling in my eyes. We turn our attention to Cedric, who was being bombarded by Madame Pomfry. Making sure he hadn't broken any bones.

She could see our eagerness to talk to Cedric, so she backed up, and watched the heartfelt moment.

Amos pulled his son into a big hug "you did it son! I'm so proud!"

Cedric rests his head on his fathers shoulder. A boy and his father, not even death could've separated that bond.

Amos lets go on his son, and moves to Dumbledore's side.

That's when our eyes met. It felt like the first time I had laid eyes on him, the first time we had eye contact.

I kneel next to him, and hold his face in my eyes "don't ever scare me like that again"

He grabbed my hand "I don't plan to" I rest my forehead on his, "you came back to me"

He smiled "I did say I always kept my word"

I couldn't take it anymore, I just had to kiss him. His lips were soft, and tasted like mint. Just like always.

I pull away, and rest my head in the crook of his neck. "You won"

He laughed "technically I tied it"

I look him in the eyes "you'll always be my champion"

• • •

That night, we all gathered in the great hall, the trophy next to the goblet.

Dumbledore stands in front of all of us, Cedric to his right, and Harry to his left

"Good evening students and teachers! We are gathered here to witness a truly historic moment. The crowning of not only one champion, but two triwizard champions!"

Everyone began to cheer, and I myself started to clap. Cedric found me in the crowd, and smiled at me.

I was so proud of the both of them. It took guts, Harry was even under aged! But they both pulled it off, and I couldn't be happier.

Dumbledore hands the trophy off to the both of them, and they both take one handle if the trophy

"Behold, the two triwizard champions! To shine in the glory, and to obtain the riches!"

• • •

After the gathering, everyone decided to hold a party in the Gryffindor Common room, celebrating Harry's victory. I was there, but I wasn't paying attention too much. I was too busy thinking what the party for Cedric looked like.

Fred and George, to my distaste, noticed. "Aww! Little Sophie thinking about her boyfriend!" "Can't stop thinking about him and his beautiful brown eyes"

I roll my eyes "have I ever told you two how annoying you are?" They nod "plenty of times"

I sigh "it's getting too stuffy in here, I'm going to take a walk"

I exit the common room, and someone grabs my wrist. I gasp, and look at who had grabbed me. A smile comes to my face when I see the brown hair and brown eyes that belong to Cedric

I open my mouth to say something, but he cuts me off with his lips. His hand cupped my cheek, his other hand on my neck. I place my hands around his neck and pull him closer.

He pulls away, and looks at me. A certain sparkle in his eye "I love you, and I never want you to go"

I intertwine his hand with mine

"I'm not going anywhere"

________________________________
Only a few chapters left!

-Lauren