Chapter 11

Walking down to the final task felt like walking to a funeral. The hairs on my spine were up, and my arms shivered, even though it wasn't very cold.

I heard something rustle in the bushes behind me. I whip around, but nothing was there. I shake my head, dismissing it as some woodland creature. I turn and keep waking, my worn leather boots crunched on the fallen leaves that were left from the fall time. Once again, I heard the rustle from the bushes, I whip around but I still couldn't see anything

"Why hello, darling"

I jump, startled. I turn around fast, my hair whipping me in the face. I relax when I realize it was just Cedric "aren't you supposed to be somewhere?" I ask, afraid he was going to miss his entrance or something "probably" he replied, his words care free

"I have something for you" he says. I furrow my brow "really?"

He hand me a piece of parchment, folded up. "If anything happens to me, if I die or something crazy happens. Read this. Not a minute before"

I nod, tears building up in my eyes "can't we just run? Right now? Leave the potential of death behind and head for the burrow? The Weasly's will take us in,I'm sure of it! W-we can help Fred and George around the store" I say, a few tears managing to escape "we won't even have to think about anything bad happening to you" I say, more tears managing to escape. "Hey, don't cry" he says, wrapping his arms around me "I don't plan on going anywhere. This is just in case"

I lean my head on his shoulder. His shirt showed his bare arms. His muscle showing. "Do your best, but please don't put your life on the line"

He runs his hand through my hair "I will come back to you, I promise"

• • •

"Let's go Cedric!" "Come on Viktor! Bring the win home!" "Fleur! Fleur! She may be a girl but she's mighty like a beast!" "Harry has survived the death curse, a little hedge will be nothing!"

All these chants were shouted around me, everyone jumping and yelling, excited for the task to start. The school band was playing, drumming drums and playing the trumpet. But me? I stayed still. Frozen because of the impending doom I felt. Sure, maybe I was over reacting and all would be fine. After all, they wouldn't purposefully try and kill off the champions, right?

The twins had found excellent spots in the stands. Near the stairs, but we had a perfect view. The final task was a maze. The first person to reach the Triwizard cup in the centre wins.

The band stops playing, and everyone stopped cheering when Mr. Barty Crouch came to the microphone.

"Welcome everyone to the final task! Our four champions will battle to become the first person to get to the cup, and become the Triwizard champion!"

Everyone began to cheer again, shouting the names of the people who try though would win. I remained quite, frozen still with anticipation for this task to be over, and for our lives to move on.

"We shall welcome our four champions now! Our Durmstrang champion, Viktor Krum" everyone cheered, I clapped for my Bulgarian friend. The band started up as Viktor walked out into the clearing, Igor following suit. He waved at the crowed, smiling. He then stood in his place near the entrance of the maze.