Down the hallway I saw JoJo and Dalvin talking about something. But it didn't seem to be anything important so I interrupted.
"Hey JoJo, Hey Dal." I look over at both of them. Dalvin opens his arm to give me a hug and JoJo does the same.
"What's up girl?" JoJo says.
"Nothing much guys." "Your looking for Donald aren't you?" Dalvin asked me and he gives me smirk.

"Now why would I be looking for him when I'm obviously trying to talk to you guys this morning." My relationship with the guys is a surprisingly good one. Ever since me and Donald been on good terms it was a lot easier for me to get along with boys. Especially his friends.
I walk in between them putting my arm on each of their shoulders. That's until Donald catches me. The boys notice the look he is giving me and they split to go to wherever they would normally go. I haven't seen Cedric in a hot minute but who really knows?
"Good morning." He utters.
"Morning." I smile after that and then I walked just enough for him to catch up with me. I want him to see what I'm wearing. I put a lot of thought into this outfit for him of course.
"Slow down girl." He says chuckling getting frustrated with me.

"Donald if I were you I would put those long legs to use." I look back at him laughing softly as he shakes head kissing his teeth. But it's all out of love not because he's annoyed.
"Ha you wish."
I walk faster getting closer to my destination.
"Hold up, Your teacher can wait, ain't like you missed anything."
He grabs me from behind and turns me around. I have to look up at him because I have no choice but to.

"What are you doing Donald?" I shyly move my bangs to the side. His hands are still on the side of my waist.
"Have I told you how good you look today? I-i mean you always look good but there is something about today C." He whispers so that nobody in the hallway could hear us. He actually noticed. I'm a mother catching the Holy Ghost in the back of the church right now.

"Thanks Donald." I'm not smiling too hard where he noticed but I did it just enough to play it cool. Sometimes I try not to smile so hard because my cheeks rise and my eyes become smaller and I hear enough about the black Chinese jokes. his cologne will be entangled with my perfume and my scent. I won't be able to wash it off that good but I don't think that's a bad thing.

I push him away lightly with the palm of my hand on his chest.
"Move Donald, I have to go" I whine. You know the giddy school girls that are always flirting before after and between classes with their boyfriends? I think that's how people see me today except he's not boyfriend ,I think.

He holds on to both of my wrist and swings them to the side.
"I'll let you go...if you'll come to Millie's corner with me to lunch." He grins because he knows I can't resist that.
Usually I would tell him 'I'll think about it.' But I have been itching to get my hands on a plate for a while. And a while really means a week.
"Millie's corner?" "Yeah you like to eat there don't you?"
"I do." "See, we can get your favorite food and everything and I think the guys are coming along too."

"Donald it's a little ways out. It's almost in Monroe. Are you sure you want to go there today?" I ask him. Millie's corner is a twenty minute drive and by the time we get the food the bell may already ring for the 4th period class. Ms. Houston is cool but I know this would really blow off Her lid if we were 25 minutes late.
"Yeah here's how we'll do it.... the last 15 minutes of class we all gonna meet up at the library and that really means meet at the school lobby. Now I usually just leave how I want to and don't nobody try to stop me but for you and your conscious sake I'll be more organized C."

"Okay I can do that." I stand up on my tippy toes and grab his large ear planting a kiss on his left cheek.
"I'll catch you later Donald." Now he's blushing and he's definitely trying to hold a smile in.
The bell rings and that means I'm late to class. The guys stand in the corner looking at Donald but he quickly snaps at them.
"What y'all niggas looking at?" Whenever he tries to act all big and bad it amuses me because I know he's just a teddy bear.
"Nothing." All three of them say before bursting completely into laughter.
**********