Chapter 19

Cecelia Clark~
I threw on my outfit that I picked out last night before studying. Then I rolled my hair back into the French twist. I was gonna hold on to this hair style until I couldn't no more. When I wash and condition my hair it'll go back to curls but because of that heat damage it'll be a little stringy.

Walking out of the room I was trying my best to zip up my thigh high boots. It's a struggle having wide calves.
Surprisingly I smell the aroma of breakfast in the house. I know it's only because Rochelle is overstaying her welcome.
I grab my school supplies and and purse then walk to the kitchen area.

There Rochelle and my grandmother are seen having a conversation at six something in the morning.

"Yeah aunt Shirleen , you could use some help around here with the laundry and groceries I bet." Okay she's either trying to find a place to live or she's backhanding dissing me.
"Oh you know Cece helps me out a great deal when she's not so busy with school work." She takes a sip of her coffee and then turns to see me walking in on their conversation.

"Cecelia good morning baby." I smile murmuring 'good morning' and then I kiss her on the cheek.
"Grab a pancake or two C." Rochelle eyes me as I walk around the Island. I just want to ask her why is she still here?

I sit down on the seat next to the counter pouring syrup on my pancakes. I'm a little upset nobody thought about popping bacon onto that skillet.

"So what you been up to lately cousin?" A condescending Rochelle asked. I don't really like her tone at this moment. But then again when have I ever.
"Nothing much, chilling." I answer with little information as possible. I drink my orange juice turning side ways.

"Cece did you hear a loud thud last night?" My grandma asked flipping the pancakes at the stove.
"Uhh no I must have been sleep." I answer her. I start scratching the corner of my ear nervously.
"Yeah I heard some really loud thuds too aunt Shirleen. I heard it from Cecelia's room I'm surprised she didn't take notice." Rochelle said out loud. Then she looks over at me grinning and giving me the evil eye.

First of all how would she even know? She was gone for half of the night. So there is no way she would know if there was a thud or if anyone was in my room.

Hearing the horn of Whitley's car in my drive way I immediately hopped of the seat. "I'll see you after school grandma." I waved at her in a hurry.
"Now a Cecelia someone else is here too."
"I don't wanna wake Grandad Lance up though." I answered her softly.

"No girl I'm talking about Rochelle." I let out a frustrated groan and mumbled bye to Rochelle. She chuckles and responds saying.

"Bye Cecelia, and tell Donald I said hey." Her right eyebrow arched and she crossed her arms together laying back on our kitchen wall.

"Yeah,no." I gave her a false smile and tried getting into the passenger side of Whitley's car as fast a I could.

"Hey Whitley." I say. Her car is blasting music right now and I'm not sure if she
Heard me so I say it a second time.
"Oh hey girl." She pulls out of our driveway making a U turn then she exits out of my neighborhood.

The ride to school isn't so different and I'm grateful for that. My life has changed within a matter of two weeks. And it's all because of some boy. I got to say it I've pretty much let my guard down and I'm afraid of something going wrong.

But for now I'll walk by faith and not by what I see.
Moving in the new quarter became such a relief for me and probably a lot of other seniors as well. We had to put in work and I'm tired already,it hasn't even been a semester yet.
When I got to school I walked to my locker which was on the first floor. I grabbed my composition notebook and binder with my music sheets. That way I wouldn't have to make a second trip in between classes.