Chapter 35

November 30th 1989

Whitley and Dalvin ended up being our two witnesses this morning I was so nervous that I kept throwing up in the bathroom. Whit thought it was something else but I guaranteed that this wasn't a shotgun wedding. We told the judge that we wrote our vows. Devante stood before me towering over my short frame reading from this small paper. " Cecelia Clark, Cecelia Clark-Degrate. Yea I like that better." He said looking at me smiling.

" from the first time I laid my eyes on you, you have always been caring and kind no matter how many times I changed up on you. Uhh- I'm not one for the sappy love stuff and all but I love you so much." He spoke to me staring into my eyes and he wasn't finished yet he took my hand into his placing my hands on the side of his heart. " you feel that? That's all you girl. You are my heart beat I would do anything to please you and take care of you. And so help me God when I make this money I am gonna give you the wedding you deserve. Because you sticking by a nigga."
Tears were released from my powdered eyes. I felt overwhelmed by the emotions I got from him. He said he's not sappy but he can be when he wants to. He recognized me for who I was. All I wanted to do was love him and show him I was going to be there no matter what.

" you may kiss your bride." The judge said smiling. You didn't have to tell De twice  his long arms caved me in he grabbed my jaw leaving kisses every where on my face and then finally my glossed lips.

The judge chuckled to himself handing De the document that declared him and I married.
" I's a married now." I joked in a southern accent. " yes you are, I'm so happy for you. And Devante take care of my girl." Whitley said hugging and then turning around to warn De. " oh don't worry about that she will be taken care of ." He looked at me with piercing eyes winking and licking the bottom of his plump lips. I was now drenched.

" come on let me take some photos of the newly weds!" Dalvin interrupting with a large Nikon camera in his hand.

I stood in front of Devante with his hands around my waist and chin my shoulder. We felt the flashes hit our eye every now and then. I kissed Devante on his cheek for a couple pictures posing then we were done. " ready to go?" He asked me you could see he was excited for the honeymoon all that.
"Yes." I answered him bashfully. He leaned  down starting to whisper sweet nothings in the crook of my neck. While I laughed flirtatiously. " marriage is bliss!" An older sweet black lady said walking pass us to what seemed to be her companion. It sure is bliss.

Later
That night De had gotten us a nice sizable hotel. When I tried to take my bags out of the trunk of his Honda he insisted that he take my bags in. His arms look small but under that was enough muscle for him to carry those heavy things. " de let me get that your gonna need all that en-"  I uttered before he shook his head still insisting to grab all the things. " all you have to do is stand there and smile for me." He said making me blush and fall for him every time. Once the bags were in the hotel room he fiddled with his long irregular fingers contemplating on what to do next. " oh I knew I forgot something." He said as if he had an brilliant idea. He walked behind me scooping me up bridal style bringing me into the room.  I hope I wasn't heavy. He threw me on the bed and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I giggled unexpectedly. I went to go wash up in the bubble bath de set up for me. Such a sweetie. There were scented candles placed around the tub and rose petals in my water. It was like a movie I never dreamed of being treated this good. Once I got out the bath tub I put my set on that me and Whitley got from Victoria secret. I prepped myself in the mirror putting on make up and fixing my hair knowing that I may not have this make up on in the morning. Once I finished prepping I took small steps outside of the bathroom making my appearance. " De I'm done!" I announced holding both my hands against the wall posing for him. But I heard snoring and went to check on him " De ." I whispered in his ear. He was knocked cold out and I was sort of disappointed. I settled for what had happened climbing under the covers with him. A very different feeling.

I laid down on the right side to him putting my eyes to rest. Suddenly I felt arms crept up on my hips and then De pushing up on me getting closer.
I heard the lamp turn on my eyes flicked open. De had flipped us over twice now him hovering over me.
" hey mrs. Degrate." De said in his raspy sleepy voice with a cunning smirk on his face. I laughed answering him. " hey Mr. Degrate!" I played along. " I thought you were sleep." I questioned.

He took a moment looking at every inch of my body then biting his bottom lip his hazel eyes now changing to a darker tone. " and miss all of this?" He asked leaning his head to the side and hands to a curvy silhouette comparing it to my body.

I was no longer in a playful mood noticing he was serious and tension was rising high. I wasn't going anywhere tonight and couldn't run from my desires I wanted to be fulfilled why would I?

Mr. And Mrs. Degrate 🌹