Chapter 22: "He's Here.."

"I'm going to kill him." Chase stated, after awhile of not saying anything.

Knowing that Chase would consider actually doing that, I decided to distract him, "Or, you could help me practice with my bionics"

"No, I am just going to kill him" He said, showing the tiniest smile.

I raised my eyebrow, "bionics."

...

It's been weeks, and learning how to turn invisible was difficult, like how do you just..disappear? Learning superspeed was easier because it's just running and I obviously know how to run. But back to invisibility, Chase just said to just put my hand out in front of me and concentrate on it just not being there. That sounds simple enough, it definitely wasn't easy. Once I managed to make my hand disappear, it made it slightly easier to do it to my other hand and then my arms. I had yet to make myself completely disappear. But we did move on to geo-leaping. Which I still haven't been able to do at all, me attempting to geo-leap did accidentally activate my invisibility which did make Chase think for a second that I did it but then I just reappeared in the same spot. 

"Bree, come on, you need to get out of bed," Chase said laughing. At first I pretended to still be asleep, and now I was just laying here looking at the ceiling. I did not intent on getting up anytime soon. 

Chase walked over to me and grabbed my hand in attempt to pull me up so I pulled him down. "As much as I normally would like this position, you need to train" He said, his face inches from my own. 

"I know what you would rather do," I said, with a small smirk, trying to distract him. I used to be excited about training, as exhausting as it was. But after weeks I've only been able to master superspeed, for the most part. It's just frustrating. 

"Bree, " he said softly, pulling away from me, "please.. you know I just want you to be safe. Mr Davenport is right, I can't be your body guard and protect you 24/7. I'm not saying you can't protect yourself but fighting with bionics is different, and harder"

"Ok.." I said softly, getting up. He's right, I want to be prepared, I'm getting there but we could get attacked any day now, and I'm surprised we haven't been yet. 

Once I'm dressed, I meet Chase in the training room and try to work on learning on invisibility. It's hard to explain but instead of trying to focus on..not  being there, I focused on hiding. Doesn't sound any different but I managed to stay invisible for five seconds. 

Then there was a crash, and Adam came running into the room. He closed the door of the training room and locked it. 

"What's going on?" Chase said, to Adam, while walking closer to me. Something was wrong, Adam looked.. almost scared. 

He only said one thing, "he's here..Marcus"

Chase then turned to me, with his hands on my arms. "Run, you don't have enough training, you need to run away from here, as far as you can, don't look back". I could feel the tears coming, "but-", "No buts, everything will be fine-"

There was a bang on the doors of the training room, the door Adam locked. And just as it opened, Chase stood in front of me and instead of running like he wanted me to. I closed my eyes opened them again to look down and see nothing. I wasn't there. And I didn't reappear. Marcus came into the room with an evil and revengeful look on his face. If I ran now, he would know someone had left. I covered my mouth with one hand and very lightly put my other hand on Chase's lower arm, enough for him to know I was still here, for him to know where I was, and light enough for Marcus to not know I was here. I couldn't run, I couldn't move. And I haven't learned how to geo-leap yet so I was stuck. 

"There you are," He chuckled. "Do you happen to know where Bree is?"

And when Chase didn't say anything, he continued, "I do" he knows?  

Chase still didn't say anything. Why? 

Marcus kept talking, while slowly walking towards Adam and Chase. "You don't know? Pity"

"Where is she." Chase demanded. Okay what? I know he knows I'm right behind him- ohhh. I looked at Adam and luckily he caught on to what Chase is doing. Marcus doesn't know I am there, he doesn't know I am invisible, so maybe he doesn't even know that I have bionics. 

"Did you really think you could protect her?"

And just like that, Marcus held his hand out and what looked to be a green staff  like thing appeared and he got into a fighting stance. I quickly squeezed Chase's arm trying to let him know I am leaving. And slowly and quietly back up. So they could fight and so Chase knew I was not in the way. 

I stayed invisible the whole time and kept slowly backing up until I reached the back door of the training room and left. And if I was going to get out of here safely, I had to stay invisible and not make a sound. Chase was right to make me run away. I wasn't ready and it was the best thing for me to do right now. From this moment on, I'm on my own. 

//////////

I know it's been almost a year but I did say that I was going to finish this story. I have just grown out of fanfiction but I was talking to my friend about this story and how I need to just finish it. And even though she doesn't know as much about Lab Rats as I do she has seen it and tried to help me. It gave me the motivation to write this chapter and half of the next chapter. 

And I also know that nobody gives a sh*t about me or this story anymore but I'm going to hope I still have one reader left that would like to read the rest of this story