Locked Gazes

Chapter 1;

"That Akuma can only attack from above! With my boots...!" Lenalee stated in a serious tone, not agreeing with Bookman's words of decline to her assistance.

"You may be the "heart"! Don't involve yourself in the fight until the very end!" The old man's rusty voice said with finality, as he looked at her with a sombre gaze.

The knowledge man wouldn't take any arguments from her, who might after all be the "heart". It would be better if she stayed hidden and didn't activate her innocence.

The Akuma who was reformed into a good one, by Marian cross offered to aid them in destroying the huge Akuma filled with others of its' kind. The proposition was for the demon to fly them to its' head, the weakest point. If they got in an attack, the Akuma would crumble underneath of them.

Watching them take off, Lenalee bit down on her tongue, with a worried gaze, and anger. Anger for not being accepted to join the fight, but despite this she would have her way in the end. She too was an exorcist, she too destroyed Akumas, and wouldn't let them eliminate her world.

"Miranda, "a soft voice spoke gently, smiling kindly towards the other female exorcist.

"Lenalee-chan?" She questioned lightly, a small eyebrow drawing upwards.

"Please, use your clock on me, and give me back my time," closing her eyes, her smile widened with tenderness.

A gasp escaped through the other woman's mouth, "N-no! I c-can't do that! You might be the "heart"! lenalee-chan!"

"Please... Miranda..." Tears swelled at the corner of her hues, as they were half open, her big smile lessening to a thinner one.

"Lenalee-chan..." Both heads turned to where in a sudden loud sound emitted from; the huge Akuma had tumbled over, still well and alive. Lavi, Krory and Bookman were standing a rooftop close by their target.

"...I-I'll do it, but please don't get hit!" Miranda said with a sad look diming her hues, as she held her innocence close to Lenalee's legs and activated it.

Feeling her legs being able to move properly and her dark boots sparkling with energy, she whispered, "Dark Boots, activate."

A strong light green glow soured upwards until it reached the clouds, the bandages on her legs, got switched by her innocence.

"Thank you, Miranda," was her last word to the black haired, until she jumped through the window, and then high up, dancing in the sky. Swift movements smothered over the air, running in the direction of the Akuma staying partial on the ground.

"LENALEE!" Lavi shouted out of anxiety as he saw her beautiful form closing in on them.

Krory and Bookman had slightly widened eyes, worried for the woman's safety, as well as for the "heart". 'Lenalee...' Went through Bookman's mind, as he stood there, watching at her flying form and the strong light shining from her innocence.

As her feet neared her target, cold eyes laid half lidded on her features, 'Thank you, Dark Boots.' And she did a backflip, jumping higher in the air. As she stood put in place, above the Akuma's head, and power charging through her legs, "Activate 100 percent." She assumed it was thanks to Miranda's innocence making her able to activate full power once more.

A whisper drifted past her lips, "...Don't destroy my world." Her eyes closed, as she dived into the Akuma's head, listening to the frantic voices calling her name.