Grounding

My offering for #30DaysMagicalRoots Challenge Day 2  hosted by @plentifulearth ❤

Today's project is to practice Grounding. Grounding, in my opinion, is probably the single most useful tool in a witch's broom closet. You want to use it of course before and after any kind of Working. However, with practice, you can do it quickly to help keep yourself calm, clear and focused in everyday situations - like traffic jams or waiting in a crowded grocery store line. It is an invaluable way to reconnect with what *actually* matters.

My short-hand version is to concentrate on feeling the energies of the Earth beneath my feet. The seeming timelessness - yet living energy - of the soil and the rocks and deeper down the magma and the core. I imagine glowing energy roots coming from me and going into the Earth, and we have an *exchange* of energy and feed one another's Spirits. I acknowledge this with gratitude. Once I become aware of the Earth in it's universal form it is easy to remember my own place in the Universe, a seemingly insignificant speck, and yet I - like all spirits - matter.

I have found that Working with Crystals aides in grounding. Crystals having been of course formed deep in the Earth, still echo and sing with that energy and connection. Working barefoot, outdoors with Crystals I find is ideal. Trees and their energy are also good aides in this Work. I find that clear Quartz is the best Crystal to Work with here.

With gratitude for this challenge and for this Work, I will carry the energy of this Grounding throughout the rest of my day. Blessed be!  🦊🌙🌲💖🦌