Chapter 1

My first day of my last year in high school. Now I am a Senior, and I genuinely look forward to see my old friends. I saw my brother at the very end of our school yard.

He started to hang out with the jocks  ever since he got accepted into our rugby team, The Bears. His grades were still good, I suppose. He has two years left before graduating, so it's not the good time to start slacking off.

I shut my BMW car door, and practically ran to greet my girls. Tanya was sitting on the bottom of the stairs, playing with her iPhone. Sasha on the other hand, ran to me into a hug. I noticed that she dyed her hair brown, and it looked good on her. Well, everything looks good on her, even her previous hair color, purple.

"Ashley!" she screached. "You are back! Was the force with you on your way to Bahamas this summer break?"

"Yes, it pleased me very well master Yoda. C'mon here" I gestured to Tanya. Tanya came closer and we pulled each other into a hug. She had long black hair and green eyes. It was an interesting combination, and it added to her natural good looks. She wasn't a person of many words, but it makes her a good listener.

"I missed you! How long have you been absent? I don't know how have the New York stores survived without you?!" she smirked.

"For your information, I wiped clean all the stores on the Bahamas. You should have seen their new collections."

"Did you meet some hotties on the beach? Give us some info!" both Tanya and Sasha looked at me, wanting me to reveal my "deepest darkest secrets". I don't feel comfortable by telling people about my activities, but they sure knew how to drag them out of me. But not today, I thought. There is no way that I would ever tell them about all of the 'accidents', such as almost drowning. In the shallow part.

I never learned how to swim, but no one knew that. Except mom, she tried to teach me, but she gave up a year ago, when I almost pulled her under with me.

"Girls, you know me... I don't even know how to act when a guy comes to me. Remember Troy and I's "date" ?" It's one of the many accidents that usually happen to me. I just don't know what to say to any guy that approaches me.

"Okay, well... You just need to learn how to react properly when somebody tries to kiss you. And by "react properly" I mean that you shouldn't run out of his car."

"Or slam the door in his face when he tries to follow you." Sasha added.

"I know, that was my big mistake. But I am always tangled up... I wish I could flirt with no problem like you two..." I wandered off.

The school bell rang, and I split up with my friends. Heading to my first class, I bumped into someone.

"Sorry, I didn't see you." I looked up "Oh, hi Troy."

"Well hello there. Where are you headed?"

"Hm, geography. You?"

"English, that is close. Wanna go with me?" He asked.

I started to sweat, and I blushed. Damn, why can't I be relaxed around guys?!

"Yeah, sure." I really can't believe I actually said that.

"Cool." he said.

"Cool."

So we walked in almost complete silence, only a few words were spoken. We stopped in front of geography classroom.

"I'm across the hall. So, I guess I'll see you soon?" He asked.

"Yeah, see you soon. And, I really am sorry for what happened yesterday evening. Hope I didn't break your nose. Or your car door." I blushed like a tomato.

He just chuckled, nodded and waved off.

Geography was dull, professor was going on and on about rules and our syllabus for this year. I already knew all about this, so instead I watched sunrays which flashed on professor Atkins' bald head.

The rest of the day was spent without seeing Troy, and I was thankful for that. No need to remind myself and to flash back to all the vivid images from last night.

Tanya and Sasha were going to finish a project that was due tommorow, so I walked around school yard, since I already finished mine.

I sat on a bench by our basketball court, and watched the tree branches bend because of the wind.

They waved around in circles, enchanting me... like the night of the party. I remembered that night, three weeks ago. It was a faint memory, so I only remembered the parts. Jade and Tanya were in Europe then, each with their own families, so they weren't supposed to come back for another week.

I got invited by a tall senior, and he checked me out from top to toe when I showed up at the door. Everyone was drinking, no one cared about the legal age limit but me. I wasn't talking much, at least not until Sue showed up.

Sue was my best friend since kindergarten, we told each other everything. Recently she broke up with her boyfriend Seth, so it was the topic through the whole party, until she went to the bathro-

Suddenly, my head ached at all of the memories. I could not remember what happened afterwards.

Then, I blacked out.