33. Girls Day Out

Start from the beginning

"Wait here a second," he told me, turning away and walking down the hallway. He came back and put something into my hand. "Buy yourself something nice" he whispered in my ear, though I had an idea where he was getting at. I smiled and looked up at him.

"I love you" I said pecking his lips.

"I love you" he smiled.

"I should go before they come here and drag me away themselves" I said and turned away. While I did he quickly slapped my butt. I looked over my shoulder at him and narrowed my eyes. He smirked and nodded his head at me. I walk to the car and slid in the backseat.

"Hmm...that was longer than a minute" Kim teased. I slapped her arm playfully and sat back putting my seatbelt on. Emily drove out of the driveway and down the road.

"She looked so perfect standing there,

In my American Apparel underwear,

And I know now,

That I'm so down,

Her lip stick stain is a work of art,

I got her name tattooed in an arrow heart,

And I know now,

That I'm so down

Hey!"

Emily, Kim and I sang along as we drove to Port Angeles. Leah sat there staring out of the window, but I swear I heard her singing along even though she didn't make anything obvious. Once Emily found a park we got out and walked around for a bit. We went into a couple of stores and had a look around.

"So how's your leg?" Emily asked while we looked around for another good store to go in.

"Yeah it's much better thanks" I replied looking down briefly at my leg that was close to back to normal. It still hurt when too much pressure was put on it, but I think that's to be expected.

"So you and Paul seem closer, hey?" Kim teased and I heard Leah snort.

"Yeah in more ways than one" she added. We all looked at Leah shocked. She looked back at us with a frown. "What? I've been on patrol with him and he does not keep anything to himself". I felt my cheeks get warmer resulting in me looking down sheepishly.

"Please tell me you used protection" Emily asked her eyes wide in shock. I gasped and felt my own eyes widen in horror.

"Yes Emily" I sad covering my head in my hands in embarrassment.

"Well could you tell him to keep his thoughts to himself please" Leah complained with a scowl.

"Aww, I'm sorry. I will" I chuckled, nudging her gently. We had to be careful around Leah because we knew that if something ticked her off she is likely to lose her temper quickly. That was why we were hesitant about her coming, but it isn't fair to leave her out of everything. Though we knew convincing would be difficult also considering her her strong dislike towards Emily.

"Thank you" she sighed, glancing at the mannequin in the window that we passed.

"Is he good?" Kim asked playfully nudging me. I looked over at her and raised a brow with surprise.

"Is Jared good?" I asked laughing at her reaction. She began blushing furiously and looked down at the ground sheepishly.

"This is really awkward" Leah muttered. Kim, Emily and I looked over at her and started laughing. "What?"

"Next time you're on patrol please don't bring this up" Emily said recovering from her laughing fit.

"This is pretty hard to forget" Leah said chuckling. I smiled when I heard her chuckle. I don't think I've heard her genuinely chuckle. It was nice, her face lightened up a bit when she did chuckle.