Chapter 9 - Quill's control time

Start from the beginning

Why was I forgetting everything negative that included Quill? Hadn’t Maverick mentioned something about her too only moments before? I got a terrible feeling from the way both of them looked at me.

"Tell me this morning when you first felt different, not like you?" Winter asked as she grasped my hand and pulled me into the lounge room.

"Wait if Quill is doing this....then why isn't your Dad doing something about it?" I tried to make it through the quandary of my thoughts.

"Because we told him not to." Zeke replied simply.

"Once we can stop her control over you then Dad can step in." Winter finished Zeke's words and I frowned. "Now tell me when you felt different."

"I saw you together right before Quill, Cole and those other guys came in." I frowned deeply as I tried to recall things again. How could this morning’s memories be so foggy?

"She has a lot of control, probably because it’s been going on so long." Zeke shook his head looking concerned. "Winter do you remember how I said decisions made can change how I see things?" He turned to Winter then.

"Yes has this got something to do with Quill and her powers?" She asked eagerly and he nodded in the affirmative.

"I now know exactly what needs to be done tomorrow." He sent me a rather diabolical smile that I wasn't sure how to deal with.

"And that is?" Winter asked anxiously.

"That has to be a surprise or its not going to work out properly."

He reached out and patted her on the head in a fatherly type gesture that had me narrowing my eyes at him. Why did he suddenly seem much older than we were? I peered at him long and hard but all I saw was Zeke, the guy I shared a dorm with. I must have imagined that.

In the distance I heard the bell go off again and felt a bit guilty. Two days in a row now I had missed afternoon classes. Winter sent me a rueful gaze and we both grabbed our bags.

"Are we alright now Winnie?" I forced myself to ask.

"Yeah for the moment at least." She replied as she glanced over to me.

I pulled her in for a hug as we walked outside. I didn't care that everyone stopped, stared and pointed at us wildly. That only made me draw her closer to me and plant a soft kiss on her forehead.

"See you back here after class?" I asked while peering into her stunning grey eyes. Her nod at me helped me feel as though everything was back to normal.

For once I felt brave in a social situation with her. I didn't care what anyone else thought right then. I could only wonder why after being so cruel to her, I could stand here holding her as though none of that mattered.

"I'll be here." She promised before turning to walk to her class.

"Why do I have to try so hard with you?" A voice grouched from behind me. It tuned to see Quill with fury aflame in her eyes as she glowered between me and Winters retreating figure.

"Huh?" I asked dumbly.

"You are the most impossible...." She trailed off with a bit of a shriek while I decided the best thing to do would be to ignore her.

"See you later Quill." I threw my hand into a wave before heading to class.

I heard her let out a strange squealing noise before everything in my mind went completely blank. I stopped moving, stopped thinking and felt dazed. I didn't know what was going on, but. I didn't really care either. Everything around me seemed blissful and I felt as though I would never have a worry again.

"Quill what did you do to him? I am so not taking the blame for this." A voice that sounded like Cole's echoed through my mind.

"It's nothing don't worry." Quill's voice filled my mind and though she had said not to worry, her voice was smothered with concern, panic and stress.

"You're an idiot! You should have left him alone." Cole snarled out the words.

"What so that you could never end up with that insufferable Winter and I would never get him?" Quill's voice rose until it was almost a shriek.

"That would be preferable to you practically killing him with your mind." Cole said in a panic.

"I didn't kill him, he's just unconscious." She said as though her answer should be obvious.

"What? What's going on?" I was finally able to open my eyes and faced the worried looks of Cole and Quill.

"Hi lover boy I bet you're happy to see me." My eyes turned to focus on Quill.

When had she begun to look so beautiful? Wow she took my breath from my lungs. Vaguely a trickle of panic slid through the very dimness of my mind. This was wrong, I didn't love Quill, I loved another girl named....why couldn't I remember her name?

I glanced at Quill again and was struck by her very presence. Maybe this was the girl I loved; maybe my mind had it all wrong. I stared at her long and hard as I tried to recall the other girls name again. It simply faded from my mind and I couldn't grasp it.

"Let me help you up Caspian." Quill offered her hand to me.

At the touch of her fingers I felt an explosion in my head. Memories flooded my mind, rewriting what seemed to be the truth but was it? I took in a gulp of air as I remembered we had been together practically since the day we met. Quill loved me as I loved her and that was the way things were meant to be.

*******************************************************************

So I am ducking from all the rotten tomatoes thrown my way for this ending!!!! I promise the next chapter we are seeing Winter's power if that helps you cope with what happened here. Dare I ask.....so what did you think???