12-Aquarius

After the discussion of injuries and Gemini's incessant talking, we all began to head back to where we thought the grocery store was located. Or at least where Aries believed it was.

"I swear it was here!" he shouted again for the thousandth time. In truth, I knew exactly where the grocery store was, just a bit southeast from the location he had led us to. But would Aries trust me? No.

"I swear it was right exactly here!" Aries screamed.

"Yeesh, Aries. It's not here, so why do you keep shouting that?" Gemini asked. Sigh, Gemini. Where do I start with her?

Well, she's misunderstood a lot, kind of like me. People think I'm just nerdy and socially awkward, but I'm not really. I do take pride in questioning things, but not to the point of questioning the existence of life. Gemini is judged as a shallow jerk who talks way too much about everything.

And she's kind of cute. I mean the way she laughs and smiles makes me just want to be happy. And when she's sad, I feel sad for her. She's just that attractive. But would she ever notice me? Probably not. At least, not before I die in the apocalypse of course.

"Does anyone know where the heck the grocery store is?" Pisces asked.

"Yes," I replied and started walking southeast. They all followed and within a minute or so a building was within view. It was the grocery store. I took a bow before walking in. Aries was the next one in after me. He walked right up to me and whispered something in my ear.

"Yo, Aqua. I'm supposed to be the leader here. So next time let me do it right. Okay? This isn't a request, it's a command."

I nodded and walked away from him and stood between Gemini and Libra, my two fellow air signs. Aries could be intimidating, and I wished I could stay unafraid of him. But of course, I am easily scared. I don't want to be, but I just am.

We all faced each other before Aries opened his mouth and began to speak to us all.

"That last battle was too close. We almost had a couple of casualties. But luckily, teamwork succeeds. And we are all here participating in this discussion. And we all have weapons now. I have the slightest feeling that we just saw a small population of the zombies. There will be more."

"Of course. You know the movies," Sagittarius said.

"Yeah. There's always like a million," Cancer added.

"Uh huh. And that is why I advise that everyone stick together. For safety reasons. And we won't leave this store much either," Aries told us.

"I disagree," Libra stated, "All the food is spoiled and we can easily be cornered in the store. And we've proven that only Aqua has a clue where this even is."

"Yes, but where do you say we should go?" Aries asked.

"Somewhere where we can be aware of our surroundings," Libra said. Pisces nodded and walked outside to use the bathroom.

"Like my old row house!" Virgo shouted. "It was the only building standing on my block and it has a rooftop terrace we can stand on and keep watch."

"That sounds perfect," Leo agreed. Taurus just nodded. And even if all the food in the grocery store was now spoiled, I was feeling brilliant. I grabbed a bunch of the semi okay fruits and vegetables. My plan was to create a garden on Virgo's rooftop terrace. We could grow our own food and that way we would always have a food supply.

"Someone go get Pisces," Libra shouted and I saw Gemini go. A few seconds later, Gemini burst back in the room.

"Guys! Pisces is dead! She got bit by a rogue zombie!"

Everyone rushed outside to see that Pisces had indeed been bit by a zombie. Gemini had shot an arrow through its heart in short notice, so the zombie was dead now. A couple people collapsed on the ground, including Cancer, Pisces best friend. We all sat and mourned Pisces for a good while.

R.I.P. Pisces.