Chapter 4

Yet another year passed and he's fourteen now. Since the time of the kidnapping, he had only stepped out of their house one time. He had gone up to his father for permisson to go wherever he wanted and whenever.

His father assigned him the task to defeat a barmoth in the dark forest to be able to roam where ever he wanted without permission. He just have to leave a note saying how long and where.

Liam wanted to come, but he knew he wasn't strong enough yet. He was also growing more cheerful and outgoing from his old self.

Their mother had also punished his father for giving Damon such a dangerous task.

Within a few days of being assigned, he headed off knowing his bodyguards are still there but can't take any action.

The journey only took a day since the black forest is near his home. It's part of their territory. Every duke territory has a special place while theirs is the black forest. He had to leave the carriage behind and head into the forest by feet.

His father described what a barmoth looked like. It should look like a moth, but bigger than three grown men. Their wings also tell how old and how powerful they are.

Damon went deeper and deeper into the forest. The scattered trees became denser. The sunlight that could be seen before was getting blocked out. It was getting harder and harder to see.

Even though, the situation looked gloomy and dark, Damon had a relaxed expression. If one didn't look at the place he was walking, one would have thought he was just taking a nice stroll.

Nothing came into their path. No monster, animals, nothing. The bodyguards just thought they were lucky, but only Damon knew it was because of the aura he was releasing.

He could faintly sense in the aura of another powerful person not too far from here.

Damon figured out not too long ago with the space element he could sense auras whenever he wanted without anyone finding out.

He usually had it off unless it was needed.

He was walking towards that aura since the time he entered the forest. Damon knew 100% that he could defeat a barmoth, no matter how old, if he used both his elements. So he was just doing whatever he wanted right now.

But no one, not his parents or Liam, knew that he had a second element, so he kept it hidden and only using it in real times of need.

Damon was getting closer and closer towards the aura he was sensing. He also felt the person fighting against a powerful monster.

From the way their fight, he is sensing, the person would win, but he will sustain a heavy injury.

Damon wasn't the type to help, but he felt the person with that powerful of an aura would be a great ally.

Damon walked slowly towards a flat piece of land. He could see from the destruction of both that it wasn't a flat piece of land before. The trees were either broken or blasted away and the ground beneath them were filled with holes.

In the middle of the clearing you can see a teen his age fighting a barmoth. The barmoth had 4 huge wings meaning it is at least five hundred years old.

If anyone else saw this, they probably would not believe their eyes. A hundred year old monster was one of the highest rated dangerous monsters. There were monsters of ten, hundred, and thousand years. No higher monsters have ever been seen.

Damon whistled. "He's really skilled, as expected."

Damon could see from the boy's fight that he had the space element.

One godlike element user was already unheard of, but now there's two.

Damon watched the fight go on until he saw the boy get hurt, then stepped in.

He watched the boy heal himself with his space element and went back to fighting the monster.

At first he was just stalling till the boy finished healing, but when the boy started fighting again, he helped. He downplayed his skills. They were still skills of a prodigy, so he wouldn't have to answer too much questions.

Damon finally showed his space element to the boy while fighting. He vaguely saw the widening of his eyes, but they went back to normal right after.

The fight ended quickly with both of them fighting together. Damon took a wing of the barmoth to show to his father.

They stared awkwardly towards one another before Damon finally started talking.

"Hello, my name is Damon Chimera. What's yours?"

He out stretched his hand afterwards. The other guy stared at his hand for a minute before he opened his mouth.

"Fate Dragon."

Fate also stretched out his hand to shake Damon's.

Damon widened his eyes in shock for two reasons. Fate was the same has the person Maya liked. They even looked alike.

Could I be in the otome game?

Damon tossed the question aside for later. He didn't know anything about the otome game except for the names Fate and Emerald and what they looked like.

He skipped to the second thought in his head.

"You're part of the royal family?" Damon asked.

"And you're part of the Chimera family." Fate retorted.

Damon ignored the annoyed tone in his voice and asked another question.

"What are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same thing."

"I'm here to defeat a barmoth."

"I'm here to train."

Damon and Fate both examined each other. And apparently they saw something they liked.

Fate started walking deeper into the forest and Damon followed.

For the next couple of days, Fate snd Damon fought together. That began a beautiful friendship.

They separated ways when they left the forest, promising to visit each other and keep in touch.

---

Damon showed the wing to his father and now was able to roam any where he wanted, but he had to keep the bodyguards.

The first place he went was out to central town again. He didn't meet the blue eyed boy again, but he had a better look at the town.