Chapter 3

"Fatimah, please bear with me, sai 10:00 yau zan dawo but i am sure you can manage on your own.  Tell Badirah to lock up when she is done with the stores. Don't forget, no more sales after 5:00 and.......umm....... What else........  I'm not expecting any visitor today so by 10:00 I will cone get you.  I promise Prof to help him with dinner after presentation today, so I will bring some food for you, and make sure you remind Badirah of all she's supposed to do, you know her forgetfulness is annoying sometimes and tell het I  said she should be with you until I come. Stay in the common room ooooo. Sha bye for now."
"Okay Madam, bye."
"U no dey hear word na che ki de na kira na madam amma yanzu bani da lokacin ki."
Zainab rolled her keys playfully in her finger as she walked towards her Mercedes at the parking lot of her fish farm. 'Zee Sea Food'. As she drove off,  she felt of how badly she needed a driver for times like this when she needs to  conserve her energy. But having a driver will mean being secluded with him for the most of her time which is totally prohibited so she decides to endure and hope for Allah's reward, she has been looking for a female driver since last eid when she started her siyamu Dawud, but she couldn't get one at first she thought of managing sola's driving skills but it ended up even more stressful owing to the fact that she had to correct his every mistake, him being an amateur driver. In the end she had to continue driving herself hoping to find a female driver. She drove into the parking lot of the conference hall where she was having her presentation under the supervision of Professor Khalil and released a breath she didn't realize she was holding. She alighted her car and her jilbab rose a bit, exposing her turquoise blue atampa gown which was covered back when she stood on both feet. Her black jilbab and veil which was carefully draped and pinned over her head danced to the tune of the wind, signifying an approaching rain ☔. She tried hastening her pace which led to a continuous 'co cah'  sound 🔊 of her shoes, she regretted wearing heels because it was drawing attention to her so she stopped hurrying rather, she went back to her car and collected her lemon green overall raincoat which was her last jum'ah present from Zahirah, her best friend in the world 🌍, as she draped the coat and buttoned it up, she thought "what will I do without you Zahirah?"
The presentation was a hit and Zainab was a psychological diva up there according to proff. She didn't even prepare for the dinner, she couldn't decide what to cook so she ended up asking "what should I cook for you Proffesor?"
"Ugh, i just sounded like his wife"Zainab thought  and Zahirah's constant tease came up to her, "I think your Proffesor loves  you"
"Haba zahirah tsoho da shi? "
" we both know he's not old"
"zahira, cream lon lo, iwono mo awon americana, now, wonkindi baba shapshap beyen"
"anything to let you sleep at night 😉"
"No, amma kinsan yadda yake magana, he always sounds so mature"
"Zainab, you should know the difference between being old and being experienced". Zahirah defended her point and added "baikamata ace  you're so close to him haka, harda zuwa gidanshi fah? Ittaqillah"
"haba Zahirah, shamsu is always there and  he's my Proffesor for Allah's sake"
"If I didn't know you better I'll say you're into him. And please zee speak one language "Zahirah complained, but added" If its English, speak it, tobama so yoruba ni ko so, in kuma hausa ne se ki yi, this one we you just de mix languages for person, abeg stop."
"You know you love me just the way I am, that's just me for you". Proffesor 's voice snapped her back to reality. "Can you make that black flour and sticky brown soup? It tasted like heaven the last time you prepared it and it was love at first taste between me and it" Mr. Khalil requested referring to amala and ogbono soup a yoruba delicacy. "ok, but let me first perform salaatul maghrib, Shamsu, please put the water on fire so that when I am done with my salaah I'll only have to prepare the food. Thanks" said Zainab.
"Don't just stand there shamsu,  get her a kettle of water for ablution"
"Jazakallah khair shams, I'll be at the backyard "

                 *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *    *
Waow lovely readers we're in chapter 3 already. Love and kisses. I am sorry for not updating on time. Please it's sooo difficult to write with a phone so bear with me. This is a dream come through for me so keep voting and putting a smile ☺ on my face, may Allah (swt) fill your life with people that will keep you ever smiling ☺