Chapter 1

Ashraf has spent the last two months trying to convince his mom why he needs to make the trip to Nigeria. As they stand on the perfectly soft rugs of their sitting room with his mom rolling her perfectly created eyes with the lashes and brow, and she flying her hands in exasperation "You can find him online, call him, chat with him, or even video call him. Yes he's your father but I'm also your mother, you do not need to go all the way across the world 🌍 to Nigee... or whatever just to *reunite* with your father" she said, putting the reunite in quotation with her index and ring finger.
"But mom, my Lord says.... " she wouldn't let Ashraf have his say, as she backfires" your lord? Isn't he the one that says your mom three times before your father? " . . . " Yes, no,... actually, it's the prophet (saw) that said it bit that's not the point and that's not even the way he said it. It's....... "
" Oh c'mon Sean, you know I do not care how he said it."
Ashraf bit his lower lip as he looked straight at the clock tick-tocking away. He reduced his voice and recited isti'azha to control his anger. "Oh mom you are doing it again. Please do not call me a name that doesn't belong to me." Ashraf complained getting tired of how his mom keeps using his words against him and quoting the prophet wrongly and using his religion to tame him, as she has done for the past six months since he found the light of Islam. He has tried different methods to make his mom see the light also but it just doesn't work like that as Allah (swt) said:
انك لا تهدي من احببت ولاكن الله يهدي من يشا.
Indeed you do not guide whom you love but it is Allah who guide whoever he wishes ( to guide) _ Allah (swt).

But how much can he do for his beloved mother when he himself is not even strong enough, how can he give what he does not have. He looked at the gold fish in the bowl at the centre of the dining table and felt greatly jealous of how free of responsibilities the fish was. His eyes wandered through the home decor and he recalled how he, mom and Hanna painted the walls of the house. All the Laughter and happiness of that occasion came rushing through his head as he remembered how he would plant a kiss on Hanna' nose each time they painted a wall and another on her lips for every ceiling they painted. "astaghfirullah" he thought, I shouldn't think of such. He returned to his room to continue packing for his trip to Africa 🌍 *Nigeria*. He took some time to stare at his room, the walls, the basketball corner, the repainted places where he pasted Hanna's pictures and had to repaint them after pulling the pictures off. The former magazine shelf, now his islamic book shelf, his study corner. The spick and span look of the room denotes the accomplishments of John. Just as he's about to zip up his bag, his mom appears at the doorstep without even knocking. One bad attitude of Mrs Carl 'she never knocks'
"look son,... I googled up some pictures of that your Nigeria and also of your dad. Print them out b4 you leave and seriously that Niger....... . . . " Ashraf cut her off immediately "Oh,mom please let's not go back there we've already discussed that and besides you can't discourage me from going there, you should know better mom, I've set my mind to it. Allah (swt) says :................. ' ' Oh please spare me the details. ' She scoffed walking away. Why wouldn't she ever hear him out? How can he explain to her when she doesn't even want to understand? Allahu a' lam. He whispered to himself.
He dragged his travelling bag out of the house with so much difficulty all the while kicking things out of his way and placed it close to the entrance. He went over to the cute blue study table where the 💻 was positioned to print out the pictures. He hit the keyboard to get rid of the annoying bubbles wandering all over the screen of the monitor, as he was about to print out the pictures, he remembered how surprised he was when he realized his father was Nigerian and even more when he learnt that he sought for the citizenship.
"Are you done yet Sean? I wanna take you to the airport " his mom announced from her room.
" First, I am not Sean......... " The shrill sound of the door bell 🔔 disrupted their almost-argument.
" I'll get it ma" Little did the dutiful son know that he will regret his statement as he walked briskly to where his bag was situated at the entrance and immediately opened the door wide..................

To be continued..........
@ bint_mufadil
NASaeeed234
Mufadollar52

Amatalla_theGreat
I'm super duper appreciative of your support.
Next update tomorrow!