{2} Mr. Blue Eyes

Eleanor's POV

As I looked at him I finally was able to take in his full appearance. He looked as good, even better, than ever before. He was wearing a pair of black slacks and a white button up with the first couple buttons undone. I took in a shakey breath and broke eye contact again. I put on a fake smile looking at the rest of the guys as they greated me. 

"So princess whatcha want to drink?" Anthony asked from beside me.

"Beer please." I smiled back at him.

As Anthony went and got the drinks I sat down across from Kris and next to Javy. I took a quicky glance at Kris and saw he was looking right back at me. As quickly as I looked up I looked away just as fast. 

"So princess tell us more about you." Javy said taking a swig of his own beer.

"Hmmmm well i'm a pretty boring person I guess. I have an older brother if you guys haven't figured it out yet it might just be Bryce Harper." I laughed at their baffled looks and rolled my eyes.

"Wait! Does that mean you know Kris over here when you were younger." Anthony butted in handing me my beer and took a seat right next to the man he was speaking about.

"Um yep, I guess you could say we knew each other." I mumbled. He scuffed at my response and my eyes shot up to meet his with a heated glare.

"Please elaborate. Because it looks like it was more than you guys just knew each other." Dex urged on.

"Kris and I were engaged." I stated flatly. As I said that they all almost spit out their drinks.

"WAIT!!! WHAT?!?!" They yelled earning some glances from bystanders.

"You mean YOU were the one the broke Kris' heart and left him out of no where?" Anthony accused. Now it was my turn to almost spit out my beer. I looked at Kris with wide eyes.

"What are they talking about Kris?" I asked in utter disbelief. His eyes now held guilt and sorrow. He looked around and sighed in embarrassment.

"Guys, I might have lied a little. You see Ellie and I were engaged and I did something so horrible one night when I was drunk and Ellie caught me and left my drunken ass." He said still not looking up from his drink. Bitterly laughed causing all eyes to be turned on me

"Oh Kristopher you are telling them the whole truth still! You see boys, I walked in on Kristopher f*cking another girl a week before our wedding! and the funny thing is, she was my maid of honor and best friend! So I did the only rational thing I could think of at the time and left because this son of a bitch broke my heart into so many pieces. He broke me." My voice cracked at the end asI felt tears welling up in my eyes. 

Kris' eyes immediately softened as I quickly got up. He pushed Anthony out of the way and went after me. By now the tears were free falling down my face.

"Baby! Ellie! Eleanor come back please baby let me explain!" Kris shouted after me. I stopped dead in my tracks as i heard him call out the nickname he used to call me when we were still together. I whipped around with a death glare.

"Don't! Don't call me that you don't have the right to call me that and act like you care!" I yelled at him pounding my fists on his chest letting the tears fall all over again. He just stood there letting me get my anger out. I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist from behind and pull me away into the cool night air. I wiped my tears away as I heard Anthony whisper calming words into my ear. 

I finally cooled down and got in the car silently having no emotion on my face. I knew seeing him again wouldn't be easy but I couldn't deal with this every time I see him. The constant heartbreak over and over again whenever he was around. I whispered a thank you and a goodbye to Anthony as he pulled up to my apartment.

As I got up to my apartment I unlocked my door and quickly closed it and slid down crying once again. After awhile I sobered up and walked in my room packing a bag for the next couple of days because we were going to be traveling for a three game series against the Diamondbacks. After I quickly packed all my necessities I hopped in the shower and went to bed.

~ Early The Next Morning ~

beep... beep... beep...

My alarm blared waking me up from my comfortable sleep. I groaned loudly getting up realizing that I didn't have much time to get ready before I head to the airport to meet the team. As I crawled out of bed and went into the bathroom I came face to face with one hideous looking woman. Oh wait thats just me. I quickly splashed some cold water on my face hoping to wake me up some more. I looked back and saw how red and puffy my eyes were. 

I got dressed in a pair of leggings, a white v-neck and a cubs bomber jacket that Joe gave me yesterday along with some other Cubs gear, I threw my hair into a messy bun and slipped a pair of sunglasses on to hide my puffy eyes. I put on my white converse and rolled my luggage behind me as I locked up my apartment. I hailed a cab and on I went to the airport. When I got to the airport I went directly to the nearest coffee stand and ordered a regular black coffee, needing the energy boost. 

I slowly went to wear I heard all of the voices of the team. I completely ignored all of the guys and went to sit in-between David and Joe.

"Morning." I mumbled groggily as I took a sip of my coffee.

"How're you kiddo?" David asks looking up from his newspaper.

"I've been better." I huffed out. They both chuckle. and go back to what they were doing before.

About 30 minutes later a man came out saying that the plane was ready for us. I reluctantly got up from my once comfortable position heading towards the terminal. I could feel a couple pairs of eyes on me as I walked in front of the group of guys behind me. As I stepped into the plane I realized the the seats all had pieces of paper on them with everyones name. I scanned through the rows of seats and found my name. I was in the middle of two other people but not caring I plopped down sliding my sunglasses up rubbing my face.

"Um excuse me." I heard i gruff voice say from the isle way. I looked up and was met with a pair of once beautiful blue eyes that were now just as red and puffy as mine. 

I quickly got up and moved out of the way in order for Kris to sit down in his seat. I stayed silent as Anthony sat on the other side of me. I let out a soft sigh and put my headphones on drowning out the rest of the world and slowly drifting asleep.

-

-

-

-

Okay so I'm on a rolllllll right now! I hope you guys are enjoying it so far I promise it gets better. Let me know what you think!