{1} Sweet Home Chicago

Eleanor's POV

"Well I guess this is it." I mumbled, looking up sadly at my brother.

"I'll see you in a couple weeks when we play each other Ellie" Bryce said pulling me into a hug.

After a last goodbye I boarded the plane and braced myself with what I was about to endure these next couple of years. You see, I am an athletic trainer for the Nationals, or at least I was. I just recently got a job offer from the Chicago Cubs and couldn't refuse. So here I am, flying to a new city ready to conquer the world. But I'll do that after I take a nap and actually get there.

~ 2 Hours Later ~

I was awakened by a nice flight attendant informing that we had finally landed. I bid a thank you and grabbed my carry on walking out to the baggage claim where my ride would be waiting. 

I saw a tall man with a piece of paper with my name on it. I quickly grabbed my bag and walked over to the man.

"Hello, I'm Eleanor Harper. I think you are my ride." I laughed awkwardly. He nodded and introduced himself and informed me that we would be heading straight to Wrigley and then he would drop me off at my new apartment.

The ride to the field was pretty short. I thanked Thomas (the driver) and made my way to Mr. Maddon's office. A nice lady at the front desk gave me the directions. As I got closer I started hearing more and more loud male voices where I was supposed to enter. Before opening the door I took a deep breath to calm my nerves. With one last deep breath I opened the door and entered the large clubhouse. As I entered further the conversations ceased. 

"Ah! Ms. Harper is that you?" I heard a voice coming from my far left. I turned to see a man with grey hair and smiled instantly.

"Mr. Maddon it's so great to see you again." I said as he embraced me in a welcoming hug.

"What did I tell you! Call me Joe!" He said laughing. I just shook my head smiling. 

"Hey Joe who is this?" Someone questioned behind me. I turned around and saw that all eyes were on me. I scanned the crowd finally meeting the eyes of the last person I ever wanted to see. Kris Bryant. I quickly broke eye contact and listened to Joe. 

"Guys, the is Eleanor Harper. She is the new Athletic Trainer. I'll let her introduce herself so you can get to know her." He said now looking at me expectantly. 

"Hi, as Joe said my name is Eleanor Harper but you can call me Ellie. I'm originally from Las Vegas. But I ended up in Washington D.C. and became the Nationals athletic trainer. From there I came here happily. I'm really excited to be here and experience the greatness that is going to come with this team!" I smiled at the guys still avoiding his gaze.

After my introduction a few of the guys came up to me getting to know me as I also got to know them. A little while later Joe decided to show me around the facility. I was in awe with how nice everything was. Our last stop was the field. If I was starstruck before I don't know what I would consider myself now. Yeah, sure I've been here before but never this up close and personal. A couple of the guys were taking grounders on the infield.

"So what do you think?" An arm was drapped across my shoulders and I looked up and saw it was Anthony. I smiled.

"This place is amazing I'm in awe with everything and everyone." I responded still captured in watching the plays on the field.

"It's pretty great. So, a couple of us guys are going out for drinks after practice and we were wondering is you wanted to join?" He asked.

"Oh I don't know." I told him contemplating whether to go or not.

"Please! It'll me fun! We can show you around a little bit and then show you a good time!" He said cheerily.

"Fine fine I'll go but only if you're paying." I said jokingly. He jumped up and started cheering. He finally cooled down and kissed my cheek and told me he had to go finish up practice and would text me all the details so I would have time to change and get ready.

I bid a farewell to a couple of the guys and had a last check in with Joe telling him I'd see him tomorrow. I saw Thomas waiting for me in the parking lot. I smiled and greeted him. The ride to my new apartment wasn't to bad. I thanked Thomas again and entered the apartment building taking the elevator to my floor. I have yet to see the apartment besides the pictures online. I grabbed my keys from my purse and unlocked the door. 

I was immediately breath taken by the apartment

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

I was immediately breath taken by the apartment. But I had little time to get ready so I quickly went to my room and unpacked all of the things in my bags. I quickly got dressed and did my hair and light makeup.

Just as I was turning of the curling iron my phone buzzed

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Just as I was turning of the curling iron my phone buzzed.

Anthony: Hey Princess I'll be at your house in 5.

Me: Okay see u then!

I quickly shut my phone off and grabbed my purse. I got a text a couple minutes later from Anthony saying he was here. I made my way down seeing him standing by his car looking mighty fine if I do say so myself. 

"Wow princess you're looking good tonight." He whistled. I blushed and thanked him. We both got in the car driving to wherever it is we were going to be meeting everyone else. We finally pulled into a parking lot and got out. 

Anthony grabbed my hand leading me inside. After looking through the crowded area I spotted the tall baseball players at a booth in the corner. I smiled as I saw Dexter and Javier but my smile immediately dropped when my eyes locked with the one and only Kris Bryant.

-

-

-

-

Hey guys so I am happy to finally have a chapter up!! I'm really excited to continue this story and hope you all enjoy it as much as I do!