Chapter 1

I pull up to PCA. Wow. It is just as beautiful as Logan has described to me when he first started here. I am excited, but I am scared and nervous at the same time. "Emma, are you sure you are ok finding your dorm on your own?" my dad asks from her car. "Yup. I'm fine. Love you, dad," I say. I run over to give him a hug. Yeah, I'm gonna miss him A LOT! I try to stop crying, but I man up. I know that this is going to be a big change, but it will be loads of fun! I finally get the courage to start to walk to my dorm.

---------------------------------------------

I look down to make sure that this is the right room. 101 is what it says both on my sheet and on the door, so I am assuming I am at the right place. Without thinking anymore, I knock on the door and take a deep breath. The door opens.

"Hi. I'm Nicole. I'm assuming you're Emma?" says a preppy brunette girl. Ok, she seems nice. "Come in! You're one of our new roommates!" Ok, so I am assuming there is another girl coming AND it looks like there is another girl already living here. She has blonde hair and is only a little taller than me. "Hey, are you Emma? Or are you the other girl?" I smile, even though I am a bit confused. "Yeah… I'm Emma… Emma Kane," I say a little quietly. I hope she heard me.

I guess she did…

"I'm Zoey Brooks! Welcome to PCA! You are gonna love it here!"

I smile. "Thanks. I really appreciate it."

"No problem! We are totally happy to have you! You are gonna be a lot better than our ex-roommate, Dana. She was evil," says Nicole. Before she can say more, Zoey says, "Well, you should get unpacked! It looks like you have a lot to do!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The first thing I unpacked was all of my pictures. I have a board collaged with pictures of me with my friends and family and 3 picture frames. One of the pictures is of me, my older brother, Trevor, and my younger brother, Ryan. The next one that I pulled out is of me and my dad from when I was 8. The last one I pull out I smile at. It is one of me and Logan with giant water guns. We were just about to get into a giant water fight and you can see both of us playfully smirking at each other. Logan is clearly trying not to laugh. It was at his 13th birthday party about a little over a year ago. He gave me this frame and picture for MY 13th birthday, which was two weeks later. He also gave me the news that he was leaving for PCA.

"OH MY GOSH IS THAT LOGAN REESE?" I hear one of my roommates yell. I turn around to see Nicole in pure shock, grasping Zoey's arm.

"YOU KNOW LOGAN REESE?" says Zoey in a shocked tone.

"AND YOUR FRIENDS WITH HIM?" adds in Nicole.

I was shocked. What do they mean, "Do I know Logan Reese?" It's like it's a big deal or something.

"Umm yeah. We have been best friends since pre-school. We grew up living only two blocks away from each other. Is there a problem or something?" I say, in a way that kind of made the last sentence sound a little harsh.

"No, umm…" Nicole says, "Not at all… It's just a little crazy because, ya know, we didn't know that you knew Logan, let alone were FRIENDS with Logan.  Because we are kind of friends- Well not exactly, but in a way, friends with Logan and he's kind of a jerk face and-"

"NICOLE!" Zoey cuts her off. I laugh.

"No, it's fine. Logan is a jerk, I tell him all the time and he knows it."

The two of them laugh and both run and give me a hug as Nicole squeals.

"We are TOTALLY going to be best friends!" she says.