How it All Began....

I know how incredible it sounds but I too lived as a normal person once upon a time.  It was not all that long ago.  I grew up like any other person, had a happy childhood, friends, the whole experience.  Things were average as I grew up.  Then, I reached college.  At first it all seemed the same and then my life changed when I met him.

Alexander Frederick Merrimot was the most loveable person on campus.  He was gorgeous.  I don't mean the hey that guy is kind of cute.  What I mean is the drop your mouth to the floor and stare with big puppy dog eyes as he walks past.  He had big stormy blue eyes, and raven black hair that flipped ever so slightly at the ends.  His expression was always serene as a still lake on a warm spring day.  Nothing could ever faze him.  Even the most extreme of encounters he would pass through with grace.  Kind, and gracious, to everyone, he was loved by all. 

I was a nobody.  Barely noticed by anyone, it never made a difference where I was.  I was not very remarkable to look at.  I had medium length strawberry blonde hair and ocean blue eyes.  I was thin not toned just kind of gangly.  I was an average nobody.  To the world, I was invisible.  This fact never bothered me.  It was life. 

Life remained simple like this for a very long time.  Then, one day I was noticed.  Not by just anyone but by him.  Alex walked up to me, and offered his hand.  Slightly bowing like a prince, he looked deep into my eyes.  "Would you like to go on a date with me?"  He asked with a slightly sweet smile.  I agreed. 

We went on a date.  It was like any other.  Dreamy, and lovely he took me to a restraunt.  We ate delicious food, danced, and he took me home.  We kissed outside of my room.  He left, and I went to bed. 

I did not see him for many days after that.  It hurt that he would leave like that, but then it no longer mattered.

One day, on my way home from class I decided to go to one of my favorite spots.  A little forest was next to the school.  Inside of the forest was one of my favorite places on earth to read.  My spot was perfect.  The only noises were those of the birds high up in the trees singing out there hearts.  Occasionally a chipmunk or a squirrel could be heard prancing through the leaves.  Bright shining sunlight would peer through the trees above.  A once glorious oak tree trunk layed on its side on the forest floor, the perfect reading chair. 

There I sat reading Jane Eyre amongst the trees and squirrels.  I was deeply absorbed in my book.  When, suddenly I heard a noise.  The air grew still.  Birds stopped chriping.  Startled, I set my book down. 

"Who is there!"  I cried, fear creaping into my voice.  There was no reply.  Only a low sweetly singing voice.  I began to shake.  Quickly I got up and began to run.  My breath was ragged and loud as I sprinted through the woods.  Branches grabbed at my arms, and face.  Blood oozed from my wounds.  The voice behind me, cut off and turned into a high pitched cackle.  Goosbumps broke out across my body.  I countinued running my feet pounding the earth hard beneath my feet. 

"Come here my pretty"  the voice cried out behind me.  I began to sob. I ran, forgetting all about my book.

"Please no, please!"  I begged as I ran.  Sobbing and running I continued. 

"Got you."  A cold hand grabbed my arm and violently spun my body around.  I was shoved hard into a tree trunk.  Oof!  My breath was gone.  Laying on the ground I looked up into the eyes of my pursuer.  Tears poured down my cheeks. 

"What do you want?"  I cried skooting away.  Slowly the woman in front of me sauntered forward a tilt to one side of her mouth. 

"I"m here to change your fate, my dear."  She crooned lifting my chin with one bony finger.  Her face was deathly pale and bony thin.  My gaze was drawn to her eyes.  They were pitch black and cold.  Black hair fell onto her bony shoulders on the onyx full length black dress she wore. 

"What do you mean?"  I stutered out. 

"I'm going to remake you, into somethings new, something better."  She purred stroking my cheek wih her talonlike nail.  Then, I blacked out and was gone. 

I hope you enjoyed!!

Feel free to leave comments, or corrections to anything. 

-M