Chapter 24: Small Memory

I sat next to the sleeping Henry for awhile. I started to fall asleep when Leah came out. She picked up Henry and carried him inside. I followed her. When we got into our room she laid Henry in the bed. I wasn't thinking straight and climbed in next to him. I instantly fell asleep when my head hit the pillow.

The Next Day

Henry woke me up. I looked at him and he looked at me back.

"Want to go and explore the town today?" He asked me.

"I would love to," I said getting up.

"Ok come on. I'll be outside waiting for you," he said. I got up and he walked out the door. I have always liked him but I couldn't tell anyone. I threw on a plain orange shirt, some skinny jeans, a black sweat shirt that I left unzipped, and orange converse that match my shirt. I walked down and went outside. We started walking into town. People kept on waving to us and saying it's nice to see you again. Then we went to the Granny's. One of the girls that hugged me walked over and gave Henry a hot coco with cinnamon. Then there was a large smash. We looked over and saw that a woman with black hair dropped a cup. Then Emma walked over to her and they started talking. Then Leah and two other people walked over to us.

"Rae, Henry these are my friends Mary Margaret and David," Leah said.

"So great to see you both," David said.

Then Emma walked over. "Kids you guys can go look around or stay with them. Ok?" Emma asked and when she said them she pointed to Mary Margaret and David. We both nodded and they left.

"Want to go into the forest?" I asked.

"Ya sure. Hopefully there aren't any dangerous animals out there," he replied.

"Don't worry I'll protect you," I said.

"What's that sapost to mean?" He asked.

"That I'm stronger then you," I answered.

"Oh you're going to regret saying that," he replied. I started running to the forest. Henry following me.

"Hey get back here!" Henry yelled.

I ran and then I found this river sized stream with a bridge. I stopped and felt some one wrap their arms around my waist. Then I felt myself being lifted.

"Hey put me down!" I said laughing.

"I don't think so," he replied also laughing.

Then he started spinning. I turned my head to look at him. I was smiling so was he.

"Put me down!" I yelled still laughing.

"Ok, ok," he said putting me down.

"Where are we?" I asked.

"I don't know. Maybe there's a sign some where," Henry answered looking around. I looked around and then found it.

"There," I said pointing over to it as I walked over. "Troll Bridge," I read. Then I felt really dizzy and weak. I stumbled to the ground and felt Henry put a hand on my shoulder. I closed my eyes and saw pictures of Henry and I standing on the bridge holding hands. Then I opened my eyes and Henry helped me up. We went back to the apartment not just because of what happened also because it was getting dark out.