"Pleasure to meet you both. Especially you Bennett." Mum says, smirking a little.

"Can I speak to you for a second?" Bonnie says and I nodded, walking off with her.

"This has something to do with the other side." I said, and she looks shocked.

"H-How do you know that?"

"My mother is standing in the middle of the room and I can talk to her." I said, and Bonnie gives me a sad smile.

"It must have something to do with Vicki, after I sent her back. The veil's been down and now there are ghosts roaming around. We need to find Elena's necklace to shut the door down." Bonnie says and she looks at me, "I'm sorry Cyrena."

"You do what you have to do, don't feel bad about it. I'm going to go spend time with her." I said, smiling lightly at her walking away and past Caroline who gives me a small smile.

"That girl Caroline is nice." Mum says and I shrugged my shoulders.

"I guess."

"What's wrong?"

"She made out with my ex-not so ex-boyfriend when I was in Chicago." I said, and Mum slaps my arm making me look at her, "Are you kidding me?"

"You're being petty Cyrena."

"I'm sorry if I'm a bit upset she made out with him. She didn't even tell me that she likes him, which I would've been fine with and kept my distance."

"You've lost so much already and you want to lose a genuine friend over some boy." She says, giving me a raised eyebrow, "You're going to need friends, keep them close honey."

===

The whole day we had spent together, now night had drawn in and we were in the living room after being out the whole day. I had poured us two glasses of bourbon before we walked outside to sit on the wall looking at the stars.

"I don't know how long I have with you left Cyrena but there is something I need to tell you." She says and I turned to her.

"What?"

"Remi I never saw him on the other side."

"What does that mean?" I asked, frowning.

"All these years I've looked but I haven't seen him Cyrena. It could only mean one thing." She says and I shake my head.

"T-That's not possible. I-I know I killed everyone that night, I was there."

"I'm just saying that there would've been a possibility that he was alive. It's all about faith and hope." She says and I took a sip of my cup.

"You were always about faith and hope. Well then maybe-," I looked back but I see that she was gone and I sniffled before downing down my drinks before walking back inside.

I felt my heart being ripped in two again but at least I got to know that she was always there and I got to spend the day with her. I walked back into my room, pouring myself a drink just as someone walks in turning around I see it was Damon.

"We need to talk." He says and I looked at him with a straight face.

"What?"

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine Damon, just get on with it and leave." I said, and he comes up to me. I felt the tears about to leave, I wiped them and turned around but Damon turns me back around giving me a worried look.

"Hey." He says softly before bringing me into his arms.

We had stayed like that for a while and I couldn't thank him enough for just standing there and being patient with me. Even though I didn't tell him anything I knew he understood what was going on. He eventually told me what was going on, the tunnels on the Lockwood property and Lexi showing up to turn on Stefan's humanity.

He had left after, I needed to be alone and this time I didn't drink but just laid in bed letting all my tears out. Crying everything I ever felt out into my pillow, my phone had rung and I looked to see it was Klaus. I didn't think but picked it up.

"Hello love." His voice was soothing.

"Don't you have other things to do?" I said, my voice cracking a bit.

"What happened?" He asked and I didn't bother hiding it.

"Wow, where do I even start?" I said, laughing through the tears, "Sabrina died and I know you knew her, I knew she worked for you and I don't even care."

"I'm sorry."

"It doesn't matter. Some weird witchy stuff happened, the door to the other side where supernatural beings go after death. They could visit."

"Who did you see?"

"My mother." I said, more tears coming down, "She told me that my son could possibly be alive because she didn't see him in the other side."

"Do you believe her?"

"I want too, I really do. I want to be able to see him and hold him in my arms, never letting him go. B-But I can't because having hope like that, thinking about it hurts." I said, sniffling, "It hurts so much and I want it to stop."

"I want you to stop hurting because I hate hearing you cry."

"I need you to be here." I admitted it out loud.

"I know love and I wish I could be there, but not now." He says and I knew he meant it, "I love you Cyrena and I'll be there soon."

"Will you stay on the phone with me until I fall asleep?"

"Of course love."