Prologue

The day it all ended was when I knew I failed my duty as a husband, a son, and most of all a person. My entire identity is now shrouded with darkness. I now possess a strong homicidal force filled with an abyss of desperation, eager to thrust and wreak havoc. But for my only purpose left, I will use the little light I have to see me through.
I'll rip everything apart.

This goes back to when I was Still naive, unaware of what was really going on around me.The ego I've always had was still intact, and I used it as a shield against doubt.

Up until now I've never seen anything wrong with my job, infact I found it right. I put my glasses on and walked into the hall where the conference was being held.

"It's time for humans to rise from the floor and begin to fly". Professor Henwick said as I took a seat.The press were present, and everything seemed well, until.:"Science has evolved even further since the last three centuries, but this recent H.E.P project(human evolution project) was nothing but a complete fiasco. It has also been called off by the English queen Genevieve III." The professor added as he rounded up.
After listening to the speech, I knew something was wrong.

"Lizzie was part of this project, and she told me it was a grand success", I thought, applauding with the rest of the crowd calling the speech to an end. I noticed a few government officials: the Chinese and Indian prime ministers. When my team, myself included got closer to ask questions. Later, I went around to look for Lizzie, but couldn't find her. What's worse, I could not get through her cellphone so I left several messages. I even asked some of her colleagues, but not a single one of them knew where she was. It got me worried for a bit, but then I thought "she's probably home". Though unusual, it was the only place I knew she could be.

It was hard getting home, mostly because of the great traffic.Traffic this bad, especially here in London is very rare, but here I am stucked in one. And this had to happen when I was so eager to see my wife. On top of it all was this disturbing whether. The dark clouds that filled the sky got darker, depriving the wonderful view of sunset. From the way things were going, it sure didn't need any forecast to tell it was definitely going to rain.
The situation was such that major coincidents kept happening, and it felt like a strong force was trying to prevent me from reaching home. It was really frustrating, but all I could do was wait.

Through thick and thin, I finally got home.The clouds had already reached their limits , pouring their hardest as I grabbed my umbrella and got out of my car.
The door to the house was opened."That's strange", I thought as I entered.

There was blood everywhere,shaped into shoe prints on the floor, and hand prints on the door. I panicked. My mind became like a warped labyrinth choked by the strong scent of blood.
Following the shoe prints, it lead me to my room. Where my wife: Lizzie was lying in a pool of her own blood mixed with that of her mother in law.

As I got closer, my heart felt like it was being pierced, and the closer I got, the more painful it became. I couldn't even think straight, and the sight almost killed me too.

As I looked at my mother who was stabbed in the chest with two knives, Lizzie, my wife was brutally butchered lying next to her.

I couldn't even recognize her face as it was as if it was hammered several times to render her unidentifiable. It was truly a visual terror. One who survives a sight unsightly as that, would definitely give in to despair, and get controlled by misery.

I fell on my knees beside the two lifeless bodies of those who meant more than the world to me, when I was suddenly hit in the head from behind. I tried looking back, but got hit repeatedly making me go unconscious.