4.| Let's Try Something New

James Baker

After last night with Monica and Janice, I decided to take a trip back to Springfield to see Monica. I wanted her to know what was going on in Janice's house. I got up early today, before Janice, and got dressed to drove back to Springfield. After getting fully dressed, I wrote a note to Janice and left it on the kitchen counter. I got in my car and backed out of the driveway and down the street out of the neighborhood.

As I got close to Monica's house, I saw a mysterious car in the drive way. I scrunched my eyebrows before parking in front if her house. I got out, locking the my car before walking up to the front door. I knocked on the door. After a minute or two, Monica came to the door with a robe on.

"James?" she asked.

"Hey baby," I said kissing her lips and walking into the house.

"Uh, w-what are you doing here? I thought you were in Chicago?" she asked looking down the hallway.

I looked at her questionably, "Uh, yeah, I was. But I decided to come see about you after yesterday."

"Oh, okay. Well I'm good. So you can go." she said trying to push me out of her house.

"Haha, wait a minute. What's the rush babe. I was thinking we could go into the back and, you know, relax," I said putting my hands around her waist.

"Aye, baby! You coming back to bed?" a man coming from the back said.

"What the fuck!" I exclaimed letting go of Monica's waist.

"Who is this babe?" the man asked.

"No , who are YOU?!" I said looking between him and Monica.

"James, this isn't what it looks like." Monica said pushing me away from the man.

"This isn't what it looks like?! Nah, this is exactly what it looks likes! You cheating on me Monica!" I said trying not to let my tears appear. I pushed her hands off of me.

"Wait a minute, you cheating on me" the mystery man asked; he shook his head then disappeared into the back.

"James, please!" Monica cried. "I didn't mean for this to hap-," I cut her off.

"So last night when Janice answered my phone and you called her a bitch, you were over here fucking another nigga? Wow, I never thought you could stoop that low."

The mystery man returned with his shirt on and his Timberland's.

"Kyle, where are you going?" she said running towards him.

"I'm leaving! You cheating on me and you expect me to stay here?! Bitch, you crazy." Kyle brushed past Monica and slammed the door behind him.

"I'm gone too. I can't believe you. We've been together for a year now and you decide to cheat on me?" I started walking towards the door but turned around when Monica asked me a question.

"Did you ever stop and think why I was cheating, James? Huh? Did you?" she asked with her arms crossed.

I looked at her.

"You're always gone, James. Always. I got lonely."

"Then why didn't you tell me that instead of having me find out this way?!"

She didn't respond.

"Oh! I don't hear you talking now! What you did was foul as fuck. I would never cheat on you and even if I wanted to, I would have come to you about it, Monica. You're so damn selfish," I shook my head before opening the door and then slamming it behind me.

I was on the interstate, on my way back to Chicago, when my phone started to ring. It was Janice. I sighed before ignoring the call. I would just have to talk to her when I got back,

Janice Michaels

I know this nigga did not just hang up on me! He left a note saying he was going to Springfield but didn't give me an explation as to why. So I called to see what was up and he hangs up in my face. I got something for his ass.

I was eating my lunch which consisted of a salad with tuna, when the door opened. I heard heavy footsteps and then James appeared in the kitchen.

"Hey. Where you been?" I asked as he sat down at the table and put his head in his hands.

"Out," was all he said.

"I'm gone need a better answer James," I said as I got up and put my plate in the sink and sitting back down.

He sighed before looking up from his hands, "I went to see Monica today and found out she was...was cheating on me."

I just looked at him. Damn. "So she was so worried about him cheating when she was cheating herself?" That's fucked up.

"Basically yeah," he stood up. "I'm so fucking pissed! How could she do this to me? As long as we've been together, she goes an cheats on me. I mean was she trying to get back at me because she thought I was cheating! Damn!" he knocked over a chair and went upstairs.

I sighed before getting up, picking up the chair, and following him upstairs. I went into his room and he was laying on his back, hands behind his head, staring at the ceiling. I went and laid on the other side of him and turned my head towards him.

"I'm sorry that happened to you." I said.

"There's nothing to be sorry about. It's not like you made her do it."

"I know but that's what people say to other people when stuff happens to them." I smiled.

He cracked a smile and chuckled, "You are so silly without trying to be."

"I know. It's kind of a blessing and a curse. But cheer up. She wasn't worth your time. You can do better. I know you can." I got up from the bed.

He got up too, standing in front of me. I smiled up at him and he smiled down at me. I hugged him just to show that I cared and he happily hugged me back. When we separated from the hug we were looking at each other. I know why he wanted to do and he knew I knew it too.

He lowered his head until his lips pressed against mine. It had been a while since I had kissed someone so this kiss had my brain sending signals to my V. We stood there kissing for a while and to say this man had some nice lips was an understatement. I ran my hands along his arms and he pulled me closer.

I pulled away when I realized what I was doing. I was just kissing my trainer!

"I'm sorry Janice. I shouldn't have done that." He said.

"No, no. It's fine," I said, even though it wasn't. "I'm just gonna go to my study and finish up some work." I walked out of his room with the widest smile.

Lord Jesus that man can kiss!

------------------------------------------------

Alright guys. This is chapter 4. I know it's been forever since I updated. I don't just write my books but I also help my bestie with her so I barely write for myself. Hope you liked it.

Comment and Vote.