2.| Give It a Try

Janice Michaels

I woke up the next morning feeling refreshed. I lifted out of bed and into my adjoined bathroom for a shower. I decided I wasn't going into work today so I called Samantha when I got out of the shower. I wrapped my towel around me and dialed Samantha's extension.

"Hello, Michaels&Michaels law firm, you're speaking with Samantha, how may I help you?" Samantha answered. She sounded so..recorded.

"Hey Sam, it's me."

"Ms. Michaels? What's wrong?"

"Nothing I just don't feel like coming in today. Can you take my calls?" I said applying lotion to my body.

"Uh sure, I will. Are you sure you're okay?"

"I'm fine. Thank you. Bye." I hung up.

I didn't feel like continuing a conversation with Samantha. I wanted to go back to bed. I put on my undies, a pair of sweatpants, and my 'My Life, My Rules' shirt. I climbed back in my bed and clicked on the TV. I was cracking up to a episode of 'The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air' when my phone rang, indicating I had a call.

Who would be calling me? I looked at the caller ID; it was Jacobi. Ugh. I don't wanna talk to him. He embarrassed me and hurt my feelings. I ignored his call and no more than two seconds later, he calls back. I rolled my eyes as I slid the button to answer.

"What?" I answered with an attitude.

"I'm sorry Jai," he said sounding sincere.

"Why'd you do it?"

"I was always listening to you complain about your weight and how over weight you are and not doing anything about it. I just wanted to help."

I sighed. He was a good little brother but he didn't understand the first thing about women. I wonder how Katrina put up with him.

"I get that Jacobi but you can't just do that."

"I get that now...but would you still be willing to work with James? He says he would really love to help you in any way possible."

I thought to myself. It wouldn't hurt to lose a little weight. Fuck it.

"Sure, I'll...give it a try. "

"Yes! Alright. I'm gone be by in an hour or so with James. Wear some work out clothes. Bye."

Before I could respond, he hung up. I shook my head and made my way downstairs for some breakfast.

I made it simple, a piece of toast, grits, and three slices of turkey bacon. After I finished I washed my dishes and went back upstairs to put on a better bra. I I was going to be working out, I needed a bra that could support my girls. Just as I finished pulling down my shirt, the doorbell rang. I walked downstairs and opened the door. I was met with Jacobi and James. They both had on jogging suits and Jordan's. I welcomed them in and we sat in the living room.

"Alright so how is this going to work?" I asked sitting next to Jay.

"Ok. Basically you'll work out with James every two or three days out of the week. You'll have to change the way you eat and you'll be on a diet."

I took everything in and I was okay with it for the most part.

"Alright. That it?"

Jacobi and James looked at each other before he turned back to me. "Actually there's one more thing...James is gonna be staying here with you."

I looked at him with wide eyes and I scrunched up my eyebrows. "Whyy does he have to stay here? Doesn't he have his own place?!" I wasn't understanding this one bit.

"I stay all the way in Springfield. It'd be too much of a hassle to drive from there to Chicago three days out if the week." James said. I didn't know he had a voice of his own..

I really needed this, I guess I could compromise. "Fine. You can stay here."

"Thanks big sis," Jacobi got up and hugged me. "We'll get him moved in tomorrow. Talk to you later." He started leaving but James didn't.

"Um, your friend is leaving, why aren't you?"

"We start out work out today." James smirked.

I rolled my eyes. "Great..so what are we gonna do?"

"We're going down to the gym to use some of the equipment. Come on." He stepped outside and waited by my car since Jay had already left. I groaned and grabbed my phone ad keys. This is gonna be interesting.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jacobi Michaels to the right.

Alright folks, here's chapter 2! I have a really good feeling about this story. And don't think I have abandoned my other story. I have chapter 5 in the making. It will be posted soon. But vote and comment!