Chapter Forty: What Do I Need to Know About Baby Dolls and Teddies?

Start from the beginning

"You're right, I couldn't wait to get my hands on Dickhead Drew." 

"Well you should've told me you wanted him for yourself. I'd let you two be happy, no need for violence buddy."

"Does the fact that you're being sarcastic mean that we're good?" He pulls back and tips my chin up to meet his eyes. I'm very tempted by those hypnotising devices he calls eyes but I stand my ground. He went too far today and it's not even Drew I care about. It's him and how prone he is to self destructing. If he'd gotten arrested...

I pull out of him arms, "What exactly did he say to you? I mean yeah he was being a jerk but what was so bad that you went all Incredible Hulk on him?"

"Please I'd be Batman." 

"Don't change the topic. What.Did.He.Say?"

His expression darkens and that's when I know that Drew must have really crossed a line. I brace myself for the worst. I could call mom or Patrick and tell them to relocate him to parts of the world unknown. But just for a second, I do consider locking him up with Cole and letting my boyfriend do whatever the hell he pleases. The possessive part of me wants to hunt down and kill any person that's hurt this wonderful, amazing creature. 

But this wonderful, amazing creature does have a penchant for making me a prime candidate to die young, probably because due to cardiac arrest. I do have some sense of self preservation. I can attempt to tame him, to make him see that he can't go about beating someone nearly to death. Even if the guy is a pretentious douche bag, you just don't do these things. 

I grab his hand and drag him to the bed. Alex, Megan and Beth agreed to give us space but they're probably all camped out outside since the moment the two of us stepped inside. Me with my blood soaked dress and him with his bruised knuckles, we were quite the gory pair. After assuring them that the blood wasn't mine, I locked myself in. It's been around three hours since the actual incident occurred and my phone is going crazy with all the calls from my mom. If she dares say anything about Cole or something along the lines of 'I told you so', I would lose my mind. Things might get said that neither of us could take back so the better thing to do would be for me to ignore her calls. If only she'd get a clue. 

"Tell me, please." We sit at the foot of the bed and I cup Cole's cheek. His knuckles have been bandaged courtesy Alex. The two know how to handle situations like these, letting me know that they've been in more than enough fights. 

"It doesn't matter anymore okay? I don't even want to think about it because if I do I'll end up doing some serious damage."

"I'm pretty sure he's got security installed outside his room for a reason."

He rolls his eyes, "It wasn't that bad." 

"He did look a bit like Carrie, there was so much blood." I shudder

"That's because I hit strategically, he'd freak out by seeing the amount of blood but wouldn't really be hurt you know."

"Smart decision, do you do that a lot?" 

He smirks, "You really want me to answer that?"

I can almost feel a panic attack coming on at the thought of all the times Cole might have done something similar. Only in my head, the endings don't go as well as planned. All I see is him lying in a ditch somewhere, a bloody bruised mess. I'm forever the pessimist. 

"How about later? Can you promise me that when you cool down you'll tell me everything?" 

He sighs, flopping back down on the bed and closing his eyes. "Yeah, I promise."