He looked at her quizzically as almost reverentially she unlocked her phone.

You thought you escaped right? Technology is great! Get frozen yogurt for your Mom and I. Both cranberry flavored.

There was a brief pause before another message came in. As if he'd added it on second thought.

Please.

Sasha didn't know how to feel. Her hopes had risen so high only to come plummeting. It hadn't been Jeremy. He didn't want to talk to her. He didn't miss her. He didn't care about about her.

Even if she already knew all this, it still hurt like hell to think about it and remember all the ways he showed his lack of care by inaction.

Before she could start feeling too sad, she cut herself off angrily. She didn't want his attention. She didn't want ANYTHING to do with him. He was scum of the earth! He was evil! He was a beast. A mean beast.

Yet, she was still sad when she sent a text back to her dad.

A month and she still hadn't gotten over that bastard. She bit her lip and thanked the stars that Solomon couldn't read her facial expressions beneath the scarf and glasses.

She was a bit more subdued when she continued the conversation. At the park, she gave Solomon the money to get the frozen yogurt for everyone including Sylvie. She just wasn't in the playful mood again. She just wanted to sit on a bench in the shade and listen to music and think about stuff. Just sit and brood.

She smiled to herself. She was now the stereotypical brooding artist.

She selected an upbeat playlist to improve her mood and sat, stretching her legs in front of her. She was wearing a nice pair of distressed jean shorts and calf high yellow socks with plain white all stars. She liked the way the green grass and yellow socks contrasted. It was aesthetically pleasing.

Then her sunlight was blocked by a tall frame and she looked up from her socks.

Her eyes followed the toned muscles of his long legs clad in running shorts and sneakers. She stopped her gaze at his waist, afraid that she would look up and it wouldn't be Jeremy.

It would destroy her if she looked up with so much hope and it wasn't him.

Slowly, she pulled out the ear pieces and watched in stunned awe as Jeremy Harley Cox dropped into the bench beside her.

~~~~~~~~*Hours Ago*~~~~~~~~~

Jeremy paused the Korean series he was binge watching and rummaged through his fridge. Out came a tub of vanilla ice cream. He also got out a nice bag of Maltesers so he would combine the two. Yummy.

There was a knock on his door and his mother walked in. She wrinkled her nose at the ceiling. It was still completely white and had the beginnings of a painting in the corner. She wanted him to paint it over it he'd completely refused. It just disturbed her greatly that he was still mooning over the girl. He'd never been such a softie growing up and now she was worried that he was completely soft and even crazy.
All summer he'd mostly stayed at home, gone to work or skulked around Sasha's home. She knew because he'd mentioned it once when she came to harass him to talk to people.