"Yeah? Why not?"

"Well, my Dad isn't big on getting on planes. It's kind of why he drives everywhere." Natalie shrugged.

"What kind of car does he have?" Oliver asked, his eyebrows raising.

"A 1967 Chevy Impala." she answered.

The blonde boy's hazel eyes went wide. "You're joking."

"Hell no. Baby has been with my dad longer than I have. She used to be my grandfather's."

"Wow. Your dad must take good care of her."

Natalie could only laugh. "You don't know the half of it."

Oliver smiled, shoving a hand into his pocket. "I'd give anything for a vintage car like that."

"Well, if I can convince my old man to let me borrow her for a day, you might just get to cruise in one." Natalie grinned.

"Yeah?"

"Sure! But I wouldn't hold my breath. Dad is pretty stingy when it comes to letting other people drive her."

"Well, I can't exactly say I blame him. That's a nice car."

"Something tells me the two of you will get along just fine." The blonde girl chuckled, shaking her head.

Oliver smiled and opened his mouth to reply when Mrs. Vincent made her way over to the duo.

"Ah, Oliver. I see you're already getting settled." The woman smiled over at the boy.

"Yes, ma'am. Thank you." Oliver smiled politely.

Mrs. Vincent smiled before turning to look at Natalie. "I don't believe we've been introduced."

"No, ma'am, we haven't. I'm Natalie. Natalie Winchester." Natalie said with a smile.

"Well, Natalie, I trust you're making Mr. Moon here feel welcome?"

"Yes, ma'am, she is." Oliver answered, and Natalie couldn't help but smile.

"Wonderful." Mrs. Vincent smiled. "If you need anything, you know where to find me." she said, nodding at the duo before turning and walking away.

Oliver raised his eyebrows, turning back to Natalie. "That woman creeps me out."

"Really?" Natalie asked, tipping her head to the side. "She doesn't seem that bad."

"I don't know. There's just something about her that makes me cringe." Oliver said, glancing over his shoulder. "I guess that doesn't make a lot of sense."

"Oh no, trust me, I completely understand what you mean. I know that feeling a little too well." Natalie rolled her eyes. "But I guess I see what you mean about her. She does seem kind of...meh."

Oliver chuckled softly. "That is definitely an accurate description."

Natalie smiled. "Hey, what class are you going to next?"

Oliver raised his eyebrows and looked down at his schedule. "Uh, I have history with Ms. Hart."

"Me too. I can show you the way if you want?"

"That'd be great, thank you." Oliver smiled.

Natalie adjusted her messenger bag on her shoulder before leading the way down the hall towards their class.

"Thanks for helping me out today. I appreciate it." Oliver said as they walked shoulder to shoulder down the hallway.

"Oh, it's not a problem. Being the new kid isn't easy. I've been there."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. Before we moved back to Kansas, my dad's job had us moving a lot. It was never fun."

"What does your dad do?"

Natalie raised her eyebrows. "He uh, he used to work with Homeland Security.

Oliver raised his eyebrows. "Really?"

"Yeah. But long story short, an assignment took a turn to the left and he almost got himself killed. So he quit, got a new job, and now here we are."

The fact that lying came this smoothly to Natalie made her cringe inwardly.

"Wow. Sounds like he really cares about coming home to his family." Oliver said, gently nudging her elbow with his own.

Natalie smiled. "Yeah."

A/N- I don't know how to feel about this chapter tbh? I feel like it's not the best but I'm already loving Oliver, so I hope you guys are too! 😁 I hope you enjoyed! I love you guys so much!

нαу∂єи ☕️

нαу∂єи ☕️

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.