Prologue

In school, Avery Sheppard was known to be one of the coldest, toughest girls alive. All of the nerds, outcasts, and even just normal kids, who weren't popular but weren't nerdy, knew not to get on Avery's bad side.

Some of the jocks and preps were smart enough not to mess with her or just avoided her altogether. While others, weren't so smart and thought it would be fun to try and pick on her. Most of the time it ended in Avery getting into a fight with them and definitely winning.

A lot of students feared her. They were terrified to have a class with her or even pass her in the hallway.

She was actually a pretty decent girl to some people. The kids who actually deserved it. Kids like Brian Johnson, and most of the other nerds or kids who were generally nice to all people.

At home, it was the complete opposite. She was an only child and her parents were completely abusive towards her. Her mother would verbally abuse her, calling her names and always making sure she understood how worthless and pathetic she was. Her dad would beat her constantly.

Whenever she got detention for getting into a fight, her parents would leave her alone. Her mom spitting something along the lines of "at least she's good at fighting." Her dad would actually be proud of her.

She never wanted to just beat someone up so that her parents wouldn't abuse her. She always took it out on the people who messed with her, the people who gave her a reason to be mean.

She wasn't too upset about having to spend her Saturday in detention. It was better than being at home.