Exhale

Neela giggled as she exited her car and laid eyes on Bree.

"look at Bree'ra the grease monkey" she said.

Bree looked down at her oily, soot dusted, paint splotched harem pants and laughed.

"I didn't even think about my clothes. I just... I just needed to get out and away. " Bree sighed.

Neela nodded, "well don't worry, you don't have to be dressy for where we're going " she said.

"so where do you think she went? " Sean asked looking over everyone's faces. Kiku frowned with bitterness. "probably The Spot - it's where Bree'ra and Neela used to go when we were younger" said Kiku.

"great so where is that exactly? I gotta go make sure my sister's ok " Sean said turning to her.

"don't know, they n-never took me, said every two friends needed a spot that was special. Bree and I have our own secret spot to"

Sean sighed and looked over to Han, who looked both bored and in deep thought.

"so what are we gonna do? " he asked him.

"wait, what else? Raquel is just stressed out. I don't blame her from wanting to get away from here " Han said.

Laughter came from a small abandoned factory in a ghost town that used to be a booming miner's town over 20 years ago.

Neela had brought a basket full of sweets and the Two girls ate and talked.

"I missed talking like this" said Neela after the laughing died out. Bree smiled almost ashamed. "me too... I'm sorry I let our friendship fall apart, I just... Didn't trust DK. Not that I do now. But I trust you, and I know now... You didn't leave us for him. " Bree said.

"you did it because your heart beat was in the engine of a car, blood flowing like gasoline through you. We didn't understand. And now I do" she added.

Neela smiled "it's life, being alive and wide awake in the course of seconds to minutes" said Neela.

"the road isn't just pointing to freedom - it can lead you to your soul mate. I-I think I'm in love with your brother Bree'ra" Neela stammered.

Bree laughed softly "full confessions?" Bree asked with a sheepish grin "I know... Could be worse, could be like me - falling in love with an older man with a rocky past" Bree said.

Neela tossed a sour dot at Bree "right like Sean doesn't have a rocky past? " Neela chuckled.

"good point. You know Nee, they always did say you and I were to much alike" Bree muttered.

"so what do we do? " Neela asked.

Bree exhaled slowly and shook her head, "keep on cruising I guess, and see what happens." she said.

***

After spending time together. Neela took Bree to Han's garage. He wasn't there yet which was perfect.

Becka let them in "what are you girls up to?" she asked seeing the mischievous glint in Neela's eyes and the anxious one in Bree's.

"Bree'ra is making the first move" Neela said with great amusement.

"we need to leave a note" Bree said as she and Neela started looking for a paper and pen.

"Han likes being chased, but I think he likes a good hunt too" Becka called waving the girls over.

She handed Bree the pen to write with. "it's better if it's your hand writing... But write exactly what I tell you to" as Becka said this a cat like grin formed across her face.