step ten

how to make your crush fall in love with you:

step 1. encounter your crush

step 2. put the past behind

step 3. look at the bright side

step 4. create the master plan

step 5. initiate pla- obstacle?

step 6. stalk your crush

step 7. pour in the egg yolk

step 8. saved by prince charming

step 9. favorite sweet treat?

step 10. confess

⚉⚇⚉

.i think confessing is stupid.

As Minseo mervously walked down the hallway with her sugar-dusted donuts carefully placed in her bag, she had a million thoughts racing through her head.

What if Jaehyun doesn't like them?

What if he gets creeped out?

Sugar-dusted donuts ARE his favorite sweat treat... right?

WHAT IF EVERYTHING HAS BEEN A DREAM AND JAEHYUN ACTUALLY HATES SUGAR-DUSTED DONUTS?

Minseo gulped her thoughts down, trying to keep calm. But as she got nervous even more, her footsteps became faster.

And faster.

Until she was galloping through the hallway towards Jaehyun's homeroom.

School hadn't started yet so Minseo had exactly 38 minutes to pass her donuts to Jaehyun.

When she got to his room, 2-B, she slid the door open, making everyone in the class turn their attention towards her.

A couple of Jaehyun's "fangirls" had been there, giving Minseo dirty looks.

Minseo looked around to find Jaehyun's pretty, deep eyes, only to realize, he wasn't there.

Disappointed, Minseo turned on her heels, walking out of the classroom.

"Minseo?" A familiar voice made her look up in surprise.

"Jaehyun?" Minseo said.

"What are you doing in this classroom? Don't tell me you're in my class and I never noticed you!" Jaehyun spoke, furrowing his brows.

Minseo laughed nervously, shaking her head.

"No, I'm not in your class. I... I just had to find you... because... because.... 'cause... I need to give you something," Minseo finally finished her sentence.

Jaehyun lifted a brow, cocking his head to the side. "You have to give me something? If it's money for the stuff that I bought for you at the convenience store, I don't need it. I-"

"No, it's just... um... these," Minseo pulled out the box of sugar-dusted donuts from her blue tote bag.

"What?" Jaehyun asked. He gently opened the box, his eye immediately lighting up as he saw the items inside.

"Sugar-dusted donuts? You made these? For me? Why?" Jaehyun asked with pure innocence.

"Well... because you were being nice to me, you took me to the convenience store, and you walked me home. It's my thank you gift," Minseo said nervously.

Jaehyun stared down at her. "But I wasn't being nice."

"But... I thought you were being nice to me," Minseo whispered, her self-confidence suddenly hitting rock-bottom.

Jaehyun chuckled, shaking his head. "What I'm trying to say..." he scratched his neck. "Is that..."

Minseo looked up at him, on the verge of crying. How embarrassing. She got rejected by Jaehyun. "You hate me, don't you? You're just being nice. That's why you can't say anything to me."

"I... I..." he stuttered. "What I'm trying to say say, I... guess I'm nice to a lot of people. And maybe I help a lot of people, too. But I don't just save random people from bullies. I don't just take a girl to the convenience store to buy her food. I don't just walk a random girl home."

At this point, nothing Jaehyun said came into Minseo's head. Only the little voice that whispered, "You got rejected..."

Then, an idea struck Minseo.

What if I just tell him everything.

What if I just tell him I like him.

What if I be honest.

"I don't just walk a random girl home. Minseo, for a long time I... I... I-"

"I like you," Minseo interrupted.

"Huh?"

"I like you."

fin.