OS - Almost Suhaag Raat

Sorry, I've accidentally unpublished this. Now, re-published.

Note :

•It's all in Khushi's POV.

Their conversations are bold.

Please ignore the grammatical errors and typos.

-#-

I step out of the washroom with arms across my chest making as low noise as possible and peek at my husband. Seems like he still hasn't noticed me. It is a good thing! Hey Devi Maiyya, what should I do? I shared my worries about our incomplete wedding, and he, instead of consoling me, declared that we'd be having all the rituals backwards, starting from our Suhaag Raat. I should have kept shut!

I sneak a look at him again and accidentally made some noise. Oh God! He's seen me! What do I do? Avoiding eye contact, I hide further towards the corner. Is he still looking? Should I check? No! Am I crazy? My eyes glance up unconsciously, and he's gazing at me intently. Gosh, he is so stunning! And the way he's looking at me makes me feel like he is seeing right into me. I feel so exposed-----and gorgeous.

My eyes take a glance of my surroundings. Oh my God! The whole room is decorated with flowers, scented candles, and the bed is embellished by flower strings and rose petals formed in a love shape on the mattress. The whole ambiance is so romantic and intoxicating. This is the way I would like to celebrate my wedding night, but only after properly married. How do I tell him?

"Why are you standing there? Come here," he says, pausing my thoughts.

Devi Maiyya, what should I reply?

"I..I don't have a dupatta."

What am I saying?

"And what kind of a Lehenga choli is this? They didn't give you a dupatta with the dress?"

I blabber nonsense hoping he'd buy my rubbish. My shy eyes move to his and I am certain he knows that I'm just dragging this situation. He smiles and holds up his hand with the dupatta. Why didn't he give me that before? Gosh, he is making me vulnerable with his desire filled gaze. What do I do now?

"Now, are you coming here or shall I come there?" he asks in a really husky tone.

This is so embarrassing! How do I go to him, or let him come near me? This dress, it is so beautiful, but it is nearly backless! I mean, the whole back is held together by strings which took me 5 minutes just to tie them! And my midriff lay bare too! I'm positive that I am turned into the color of my dress.

I see him proceed towards me. Devi Maiyya, he is coming! My body is not co-operating with me and is refusing to turn to him. I let my almost exposed back face him because, I cannot allow him to look at my flaming red face. He will tease me!

I hold my breath and wait for him to say something. 1..2..3..30.... Nothing! Suddenly, I feel him right behind me, his one hand caressing my waist. He is trailing his fingers up and down my back, lightly tugging on the strings. I gasp. He steps back, and slowly leads me to the middle of the room, my back still facing him.

Now what?

He put the dupatta on my head, I attempt to cover my midriff with it, but it's hard. He gently tugs me and I turn, now facing him. My heart is galloping faster than a Cheetah, it is difficult to breathe in air as well. I lift my gaze to his, and my God! His eyes are so mesmerizing, they always manage to captivate me. He is looking at me very intensely without saying anything. I feel like a fairy when he looks into me like that.