19. dining table

Kids' laughter fill the air and can be heard from outside the gate. Tatay arrives and enters the gate, with a bag of pandesal in his hand.

"Wowo!" Marco says and runs to Tatay who has bent down to receive his apo in his arms. Marco kisses him and the old man lifts the boy up and kissed him on the cheek.

"...Yuyu!" Maia runs as well but gets to Tatay a few seconds after Marco. She wraps her arms around his thighs.

Tatay looks at Marco, who nods and smiles. Tatay bends to put Marco down and lifts Maia.

"...wow! Heavy!" Tatay says as he adjusts Maia in his arms. "...o...you...you...lets...pumasok muna tayo at mag merienda...I have..."

"pandesal!" the kids say in unison.

"What..anong...palaman?"

"Hmm...I want peanut butter! Marco skips happily.

"....I want....I want....jamjam!"

"...mana ka nga kay Yuyu...gusto ko rin yung coco jam...o sige...wash kayo ng hands muna..." Tatay says when they reach the kitchen and he puts Maia down. He gives the bag of bread to Inday. "..ipagtimpla mo na rin ang mga bata ng Milo....kape para sa akin..."

"Opo..."

"Wowo, you don't like peanut butter? Marco says as he takes a bite of his bread.

"....gusto rin...pero mas masarap yung ganito..." Tatay said as he dips his bread in his coffee.

"Can I try?"

"....you...you...cannot...inom...di pa pwede ang kape sa yo...subukan mo dyan sa Milo mo..." Tatay suggests.

"What are you doing?" They don't notice Maia who has been dipping her bread in her drink, imitating Tatay. "...like Yuyu!" She says when Marco noticed Maia's hand deep inside her cup. Her mouth and hand is brown with the chocolate drink.

"Asus! Inday...paki punasan nga tong si Maia.." Tatay calls on Inday.

"Is sarap! Like Yuyu!" Maia boasts with a smile as Inday cleans her up.

"Ready na kayo?" Tatay turns to Marco who is finishing his snack.

"Yes po...Mommy said I'm going to be the ring bearer...Maia will be..."

"Fawergurl!" Maia squeaked

"Flowergirl apo...oo ikaw ang flower girl.."

"I have pinses dess na!"

"Princess" Marco said

"Pinses nga..."

Marco giggled.

"Kuya...you are pins..."

"Hala! Ginawang aspile..."

"What's aspile?"

"Pin"

"....see...Kuya is pins!"