| thirty-six |

Magsimula sa umpisa

" Bye" she said, not looking at him, and got out

" Good-"his words were cut off by the door slamming, we watched her walk into her house and then I got in the front seat

" I'm surprised" 

" Why ?" 

" I would've expected you to try to convince her to stay and hang longer"

" She was mad and I didn't want to deal with the drama" 

" Then why do you date her ?" I said tired of biting my tongue all night and since they started dating, he acted like he didn't hear me, " If I'm wrong Jc tell me, but all that girl is, is drama !" he still didn't answer, " Am I wrong !?" 

" No ! No you're not wrong" he said finally 

" I just don't get it.." 

" You don't have to !"

" No one else does either" 

" They don't have to !"

" Jc I'm your best friend I can tell when you're unhappy" he scoffed, " Well I can definitely tell when you're with someone who makes you unhappy"

" Well right now you're the one making me unhappy"

" Jc ! Just stop ! Why are you with this girl who I know damn well you don't like !?!" I said getting so upset that he's dodging all my questions

" Ya know what, I'm not getting into this right now" he said and got out of the car, I didn't even realize we were back at his house

" Oh no Jc ! You are not getting out of this that easy !" I yelled as we walked in the house

" Violet why do you even care about my love life !?" 

" Because I care about you if it isn't obvious !? And when you're with someone you don't actually have feelings for it takes a toll on you.." I paused to catch my breath, " Jc look none of us want to see you with someone like that, and I know you don't want to be with someone like that" I said while taking his face between my hands

" I'm not breaking up with her" he said coldly not looking me in the eyes

 " Jc what happens when she comes in between us ?" 

" Maybe I want her to.." he said and walked away

My heart literally broke, for the second time this week. This time was different than the first time, it hurt a whole lot more that's for damn sure. How could he say that to me ? How ? What in the hell is his problem ? Why !? Just why !? I couldn't believe what I heard, and I couldn't breath. The only thing I could do was cry, I tried to be quiet because everyone else was asleep, but I couldn't help it so I walked outside and wailed. I dropped down to my knees crying and all those questions kept running through my head, until I got a call.. from Taylor. I let it ring for a second and tried to compose myself so I sound normal and then I answered it.

" Hey !" I found myself doing a fake smile trying to sound as regular as possible, but my voice cracked and I knew he would know something was wrong 

" Hey- Are you okay ?" he asked, with concern in his voice 

" Yeah, just um.." I didn't bother to lie, and I couldn't even come up with a believable lie. I started to cry again, but moved the phone away from my face so it wasn't as loud in Taylor's ears 

" Violet ! Violet what's wrong !?" 

" I just got into a fight with Jc.." I said still sobbing, I heard him sigh 

" Where are you ?"

" His house"

" Alright I'm coming to get you" he told me, and I heard his car door slam through the phone 

" Taylo-"

" No, I'll be there soon babe" he said and hung up, I was kind of relieved that I wouldn't have to cry in my bed, alone. I waited inside the house, by the door, so I could still see when he was here. After about 15 minutes waiting I saw his car pull up outside, he got out of the car, when he got to the other side of the car I had already ran down the pathway and jumped in his arms. He had engulfed me in a hug and I let some more tears slip against his shirt.

" Thanks for coming.." I mumbled to him

" No problem" he said into my hair, " Come on" he said and kept his arm around my shoulder and we walked back to his car, I got in the passenger seat and sat with my legs criss-crossed in the seat and sat my head in my hands. We drove in silence I felt his hand on my leg comfortingly, we got to his house soon enough and we walked upstairs to his room. I laid down on my back and covered my face with my hands while I heard him open a drawer, then he walked over to me and grabbed my wrists lightly and sat me up.

" Dry your tears, change, and then come back to bed" he said handing me some clothes that I had over here, I went in the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror, my eyes were red and still brimmed with tears, and my hair was a mess. I wasn't completely upset because honestly I think I look a little better when I cry, lol, but I rinsed off my face and changed into the tanktop and sweat pants, and grabbed a brush then brushed out my hair. When I came out into his room he had changed into some shorts and took of his shirt, and yes I realize that he is attractive and I took a moment to take in the sight of him shirtless.

" There, you look much better" he said smiling and he got in his bed, I got in next to him. I snuggled up into his chest and relished in his warmth and took in his familiar scent, it really calmed me down.

" Do you wanna talk about it ?" I just shook my head no, " Are you okay ?" I shrugged my shoulders 

He sighed, " Violet I don't know what he did, or what he said to you, but he does not deserve you. I don't know who deserves you, none of us probably, but I couldn't imagine hurting you like he did or Nash did." 

" Thanks, but I really don't deserve you. You've been such a good friend to me ..through everything I've put you through"

" You're worth it" that made me smile, surprisingly I fell asleep with a smile on my face and in the arms of a great ass friend.

XX